PDA

View Full Version : Sphinx in Giza, Egypt

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-04-2008, 01:25 PM
This was taken on a recent trip to Egypt. With so many tourists in the area it is no easy feet to get a clear image but after much effort I was able to capture this one.

Hope you enjoy. Thanks

George DeCamp
07-04-2008, 01:56 PM
A place I would love to see one day. This is a beauty Judy! Actually I wasn't sure it was still accessible to people so nice to see.

Alfred Forns
07-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Great view Judy !!! Seems like its so close to the great pyramid from there but actually it is a hike !!!! Best to drive !!!

When I was there lots of construction was going on and the sphinx was not clear !!!

Michael P. Centanni
07-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Very Nice Judy! Must be even more awesome in person.
BTW, how was the food? Just coming back from Italy, this is what I think about when looking at other places to visit!

Julie Kenward
07-04-2008, 07:40 PM
You are living out one of my dreams here. Egypt...what a place! I can't wait to visit some day. Thanks for sharing this!

Gus Cobos
07-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Nicely done Judy,
This is one fantastic place to visit...:cool:

Alfred Forns
07-05-2008, 05:47 AM
Michael the food in Egypt is excellent I did try lots of the native dishes and liked them a lot !!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Sorry for the late reply Michael but as Alfred mentioned the food was good. We took a dinner cruise on the Nile and the meal was very lovely. Any of the big hotels and restaurants were good but we were warned not to eat off the beaten path . Italy was one of my favorite places Michael and talking about food it does not get much better than Italy. < smile >

Michael P. Centanni
07-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Thanks Judy! I was just wondering. Would love to see these someday!

Robert Amoruso
07-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Well done travel image Judy. You handle getting an image almost absent of the tourists - that can't be easy.

Carl Mohr
07-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Judy,
I'm going to Alexandria and then Giza in January, but just for the day. I would appreciate any photo advice
you may have to give. Are there any pitfalls you've experienced? Your photo of the Sphinx is excellent.

Cheers,
Bob

Sharna Lee
07-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Judy Lynn,
This is an excellent capture. I wondered how hard it was to obtain this image with no people in the forground.
I do like to see the size of the people in the bg compared to the size of the sphinx. Well done on this one.
I too would love to visit itally and egypt one day.

Fabs Forns
07-07-2008, 05:02 PM
You had shown me this image, it's really pretty, glad you are sharing it here :)

Roman Kurywczak
07-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi Judy,
This is on my life list of places to visit. No tourists!...........I'm surethat is the biggest challenge!

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi Carl, Many thanks for the comments and as far as the opportunities to photograph it is difficult in some respects for the following reasons. The places are heavely guarded and there are always many tourists around as well as the fact that most tours arrive at these places around ten or later in the morning when the sun is much harsher. I do not know if you will be going to see these places with a small or large tour but I guess if you can always be aware of the opportunities when people will be leaving an area and grab an image before the next group moves in which is not much time. < smile > Egypt is a wonderful place to visit and I know you will not be sorry. Incredible history. I will be looking for your images come Februsry and safe travels.