PDA

View Full Version : Turkey

John Mack
04-11-2020, 10:30 AM
This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 4/11/20 at 7:06AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Canon 5D MarkIV
Canon 500 f/4 IS USM
ISO 2000
f4.0
1/400sec

gail bisson
04-11-2020, 10:46 AM
The turkey's pose is fantastic.
But, the light was not your friend here as you cannot see that wonderful iridescence that these guys have in the right light.I would try to warm this image up, reduce the brightness and luminance of the very top of the turkey's head and decrease the shadows in the body.
BG is not great- I might try a little bit of blur on it.
Gail

Ivan Sjogren
04-11-2020, 03:23 PM
Very cool bird! You captured it with the best possible pose and great eye contact. Details looks okay but some of the shadows are blocked, especially on the breast and belly of the bird.
Flat light could work well but maybe there was too little to work with here. I think a lower shooting angle might have helped the background, otherwise moving a few steps in one direction might have done the job.
There seems to be a blue/tourquis tint to the image so I would also warm it up a bit.
TFS

David Roach
04-11-2020, 05:37 PM
I like the saturation producing low light to bring out those colors. The bird looks sharp with good detail. The shadows could take a slight boost and provide even more detail. Composition is spot on for me. The BG is what it is. TFS

Steve Kaluski
04-12-2020, 06:10 AM
This has potential, but John was this correctly exposed???

All a bit dark, like the previous Shadows/darks choked, WB is out, plus there is a Blue cast masking everything. I would run a tad of NR (masking in LR), but if exposure correctly at ISO2000 you shouldn't need much masking.

No idea if this is going in the right direction, but hopefully you start to see the colour more.

TFS
Steve

Daniel Cadieux
04-12-2020, 02:52 PM
Don't you love it when the males puff up like this! Great looking tom. Steve's repost corrects the colour cast. BG a bit busy with the pale branches causing streaks.