PDA

View Full Version : Warthog

Andreas Liedmann
04-10-2020, 11:40 AM
Hi folks cannot remember posting a warthog .... from my side .

Here you go .... and it is coming as a HIGH ISO masterpiece , IMHO . The image was not even shot perfectly ETTR .... see yourself what is possible with the kit and the software .
The warthog itself is not really a cracker of an image as presented .... the shot was taken when the light was gone on the way back to camp .Anette and I stopped grabbed a few shots and left the South Luangwa NP to the campsite outside the park .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC
Beanbag

F 6,3 ; Iso 25600 ; 1/2000 sec ; man exp and auto iso

Processed with Capture One 20 and PSCC 2020 ; no additional NR in PS , slightly cropped as there was a bird sitting on the neck/back of the warthog .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting .

Cheers Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
04-11-2020, 04:21 AM
Looks great, aren't you glad you spent all that money on new kit:bg3:

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-11-2020, 04:54 AM
Wonderful shot with great PP work and really nice detail despite the high ISO. Nice angle too.

Steve Kaluski
04-11-2020, 05:17 AM
Just nailed this one Andreas, everything looks spot on, no nits!!!!:Whoa!: Lets see it in B/W, could be fun?

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
04-11-2020, 05:40 AM
Thanks folks ... honestly this is my best performance in terms of ISO control , I am really proud of my technical work !!!! Wish you all could see that on a high end screen !!!

Jon .... i am always happy if I can spend my money on new toys .... LOL . And meanwhile the cam is outdated ......:w3

Steve ... yes this might work as b&W too

Steve Kaluski
04-11-2020, 05:50 AM
Wish you all could see that on a high end screen !!!

Why are folk so obsessed with screens, the real test is to print it and then see. :S3::wave:

Andreas Liedmann
04-11-2020, 05:58 AM
Why .... simple , it is a big difference between a crappy one and great one . Easy as that ...

And you cannot compare to different media types .... and at least I can enjoy my images on my stunning screen .

John Mack
04-12-2020, 06:35 AM
Looks great. Detail is stunning espcially for that high ISO. Framing is right on as well.

Gabriela Plesea
04-12-2020, 09:56 AM
Hello Andreas,

Really enjoying this frame and especially POV. Nice BG with no distractions and I like the way your subject fills the frame.

Superb detail and textures, colours look great. Very cool image Boetie, well done:S3:

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
04-14-2020, 09:32 AM
Thanks John and Gabriela for your kind comments ....