PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Waxwing - The Last Berry

Daniel Cadieux
04-09-2020, 04:03 PM
Last week I discovered a folder of unprocessed images from November 2018. Cedar Waxwings, Pine Grosbeaks, Evening Grosbeaks. Score! Talk about timing with all that is going on and the restrictions in going to favorite places! Anyhoo, hope you enjoy this almost forever lost frame...and I'll share a couple others in the next bit :S3:.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative meteirng, 1/200s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, small crop to help the comp, darkened the pupil and added the catchlight, NR to the BG.

Randy Stout
04-09-2020, 04:34 PM
Daniel:

Thanks for small miracles in these difficult times!

Amazing colors, classic soft cedar waxwing plumage, the single berry is great. As is the birds eye contact with it!

Thanks so much.

Randy

Jerry Taylor
04-09-2020, 05:21 PM
I love to photograph Waxwings, and love the background of your shot. I think this tells a great story. I might have taken just a bit off the bottom, but that is pretty petty.

kevin Hice
04-09-2020, 06:08 PM
Beautiful Daniel love the colors and the details in the feathers. No complaints here. TFS

John Mack
04-09-2020, 06:12 PM
The color of that background makes this one a stunner. Very nice. Like the vertical framing as well. Nice detail all around.

gail bisson
04-09-2020, 08:02 PM
What a great find! I have been hoping to find a treasure or two but have not been succesful.
This image rocks because of that gorgeous red BG. And the bird isn't bad either!
I would take a sliver off the top. Feels abit empty, especially with the bird looking down.
Gail

Bill Dix
04-10-2020, 09:00 AM
Stunning shot! The colors, and the fixation of the bird on the last berry, really make it.

Mike Poole
04-10-2020, 11:07 AM
This one screams 'Cadiuex' all over it! Beautiful colours, nicely framed and presented and a great composition with him staring at that last morsel. Catchlight is essential and lights the eye up well

Mike

Steve Kaluski
04-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Hi Dan, it certainly 'pops', no question on that.

Either a tad off the top, or more below based on the HA looking down towards the bottom RHC IMHO.

Nice to view.:cheers:

TFS
Steve