PDA

View Full Version : Snake's head fritillary

Jonathan Ashton
04-08-2020, 10:33 AM
Taken on my mini meadow in the back garden, hand held, my attempt at a little creativity. Essentially all I did was expose for the brightest highlights.
15 image stack in Zerene

Olympus : E-M1X
Olympus M.60mm F2.8 Macro
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 120.0mm
Metering mode : Pattern
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity : 64
Exposure compensation : -2.3 EV
Shutter : 1/320 sec
F.No. : F4.0
Flash : OFF

John Mack
04-08-2020, 05:32 PM
Pretty neat how the flower looks like it is glowing. The image is quite dark. We have these over here i have only ever heard people call them chess flowers.

Jonathan Ashton
04-09-2020, 03:44 AM
Pretty neat how the flower looks like it is glowing. The image is quite dark. We have these over here i have only ever heard people call them chess flowers.

Thanks John, I think most people think it's ok or alternatively is rubbish - just depends on you viewpoint. Interesting you call them chess flowers, I have never heard that either.

Randy Stout
04-09-2020, 06:24 AM
Jon:

I tend to like subdued images, as demonstrated by some of my loon images. For my personal taste, this one is perhaps just a bit too subdued? If the flower was perhaps 10% brighter, so it drew the eye more than the brighter leaves, that might work nicely.
This is really very much in the realm of personal taste, and I applaud pushing the boundaries .

Cheers

Randy

Paul Burdett
04-15-2020, 10:19 PM
I like it! Also, I immediately thought that a spotlight effect might be interesting on the flower.