PDA

View Full Version : White-tail Doe

John Mack
04-05-2020, 12:27 PM
This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 1/15/20 at 3:32PM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Canon 5D MarkIII
Canon 500 f/4 IS USM
ISO 800
f4.0
1/1000sec

Steve Kaluski
04-05-2020, 02:36 PM
Hi John, nice colour palette and the framing works, I do like the alert pose. Some areas look a bit bright, but easily addressed. Ears look sharper, eye a fraction less so (may be some localised additional sharpening?), is the FP on the eye, nose tails off which is a shame, but due to f/4 shallow DoF. Having more DoF would not have hurt the increase in ISO and you would still have maintained the killer backdrop.

I understand you now prefer shooting f/4, but when the subject is angled there this may not provided the best end result, just depends on what/how you wish to convey the subject.

TFS
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-06-2020, 10:59 PM
A very nice portrait John. Good colors, clean BG and comp. Slightly more DOF would have been better.

haseeb badar
04-08-2020, 02:20 PM
Hi John-- I really liked this one, loved the creamy -clean bak and the details in your subject. Had you stopped down to say at least 6.3 , that would have resulted in even better details.

I find that bright area in the lower neck region a bit distracting , it is somewhat bright and catches my eye as rest of the frame is quite smooth with soft colours.

Nice one though. TFS !

Jonathan Ashton
04-09-2020, 03:49 AM
I like the image, the eye is just a little OOF but I find the image very appealing.