PDA

View Full Version : Male Prairie Chicken calling

kevin Hice
04-04-2020, 08:14 PM
Shot at National Grasslands Sd. Processed with Dpp 4,Photoshop,Neat Image.Would have liked more on the bottom ,no crop. Comments and critiques appreciated.
Canon 1DX 111
500 f/4 L IS
700mm
AV
1/2500
Iso 3200

Randy Stout
04-04-2020, 09:00 PM
Kevin

Very nice light, pose, open bill, enough back ground detail without being distracting.
Agree about ideally having more space below, but the grasses “hide” that a bit.

Cheers

Randy

arash_hazeghi
04-04-2020, 10:17 PM
I like the pose and the inclusion of habitat Kevin, open beak adds more interest , processing and IQ is holding this back

Image is posted relatively small and lacks sharpness and feather details.
whites look yellow and also flat as if they were blown then recovered

TFS

Jan van Holten
04-05-2020, 04:32 AM
I'll presume sharpness is okay, it's a matter of how smart someone is with editing for this web!! What I'll like to know is the Kelvin number (colour temperature) because I presume this image is taken in early morning light?? Is there anything changed to it?
Agree with a little more space below. Nice bird.

How about the mark3, you like it:bg3:???

Steve Kaluski
04-05-2020, 07:08 AM
Hi Kevin, it's better than the previous posting, but it does need more 'oomph' and again detail/clarity is still lacking. Agree, more space below, should have shot lying down, but that's secondary to the detail aspect.

TFS
Steve

Daniel Cadieux
04-05-2020, 11:41 AM
Calling pose looks great, as does the grassy surroundings. Yes to more room, but I imagine you were surprised having this fella come this close. I like the yellows overall, but I will agree that the ones on the chin look like hot whites having been burned in post.

John Mack
04-05-2020, 12:47 PM
Looks like a fancy chicken. Love the pose and light. Yes it's a little tight.

Jonathan Ashton
04-05-2020, 03:48 PM
Sorry I have to agree the processing is letting the image down. Look at the comb and the neck they are almost totally stuctureless as are the feathers in the upper neck/chin. Where the highlights blown at capture, it would be worthwhile checking your histogram using the Alt key. I have to confess I am unsure precisely what colours should be portrayed but the image does look a little yellow.