PDA

View Full Version : Golden Oldie

Randy Stout
04-04-2020, 07:50 PM
This loon was captured eight years ago, never processed. I was reorganizing my image library and came across it.

D4. 600 f/4. 1/640s, f/4 , ISO 2500. Fill flash with better beamer

Post: PS CC. Small crop to level and remove reflection line on right. The water color comes from a reflection off the far shore, and wasn't augmented or changed in post.

Advice and comments appreciated

Cheers

Randy

kevin Hice
04-04-2020, 08:19 PM
Randy just beautiful light. That is what catches my attention immediately. The reflection has this muted look almost like a painting.Great all around details and colors look good. TFS

Colin Driscoll
04-05-2020, 01:34 AM
The loon master has excelled himself here. What a beautiful shot to have hidden away.

Jan van Holten
04-05-2020, 02:48 AM
A bird that always get the attention of many of us. There is something with these divers. Love the light.

David Roach
04-05-2020, 06:59 AM
The exposure, details and all those colors are killer. TFS

Steve Kaluski
04-05-2020, 07:03 AM
Well, you are the 'Loon' Master Randy, lovely image and overall colours. The D4 nailed it and is still a great camera.

Not sure on the amount of blue, but it could well be this MBP screen... however it might be masking some of the lovely detail/droplets on the back of the head. POV as ever, perfect.

TFS
Steve

Daniel Cadieux
04-05-2020, 10:47 AM
I love the colours!! The raised tail is neat. A very peaceful image. I am wondering if the image can be warmed up a touch - maybe not to fully remove the bluish cast on the loon, but at least a bit.

During these times many of us have been cleaning up disk space and doing other house keeping on our computers. I did just that this week and discovered an unprocessed folder form November 2018 that I had forgotten to get around to:S3:.

P.S. New water mark? Working on a website?

John Mack
04-05-2020, 12:50 PM
The color of the water and the color on the bird compliment each other very nicely. Framing is spot on. Same with the pose and low angle.

arash_hazeghi
04-06-2020, 05:20 PM
love this one too, the image does have a blue cast to it.

TFS

Randy Stout
04-07-2020, 09:22 AM
Thanks everyone for the input. Because of the blue cast comments , I revisited the image and warmed the color temp a bit. A definite improvement. I try not to manipulate colors very much, as we have all seen some pretty overdone saturation/vibrance, etc. images.

Randy