PDA

View Full Version : Beauty and the Beach...

David Roach
04-01-2020, 01:59 PM
EOS R EF 400 DO I f8 1/3200 ISO 800

gail bisson
04-01-2020, 02:17 PM
I think this image needs some CCW rotation.
The blues have a lot of purple in them. Was this a sunset picture?
And finally, is that a tracking device on the birds back?
The comp is pleasing to the eye and the whites are well exposed.
I would remove the extra catchlight and sharpen the head a little bit more,
Gail

Andreas Liedmann
04-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Hi David , again a nice clean shot .
Still at 0 sharpening in DPP ???

I looked at various postings of yours .... not sure about the general color rendition of the new system . Well not that important , as color can be very subjective .... just a personal side note .

TFS Andreas

Daniel Cadieux
04-01-2020, 03:04 PM
Yes to rotation and to sharpening. Beautiful subject with good whites.

John Mack
04-01-2020, 03:44 PM
Agree with the others here. You got your money's worth out of this one.

David Roach
04-01-2020, 07:13 PM
Hi David , again a nice clean shot .
Still at 0 sharpening in DPP ???

I looked at various postings of yours .... not sure about the general color rendition of the new system . Well not that important , as color can be very subjective .... just a personal side note .

TFS Andreas

Yes, Andreas, sharpening in DPP was set to 0 and believe it or not i went back to my normal default web sharpening as I liked the softer feel for this image. Everyone is correct , it does sharpen right up and pop more off the BG with further sharpening (at .6 instead of .5 I used here on smart sharpen as I tried it). And Yes,Gail that is a transmitter on the back. This beauty also has tags on both legs. I think for my default setting I will change from 2 to 0 in DPP and go from there. As far as color I am partially color blind and do not know what frequencies I have trouble with. This is basically the 5dMKiv sensor and has the usual canon color science. I have researched and read it (the R) tends to have a magenta cast in low light(with AWB set).

David Roach
04-01-2020, 07:24 PM
I think this image needs some CCW rotation.
The blues have a lot of purple in them. Was this a sunset picture?
And finally, is that a tracking device on the birds back?
The comp is pleasing to the eye and the whites are well exposed.
I would remove the extra catchlight and sharpen the head a little bit more,
Gail

Hi Gail this was at sunrise and the colors in the water were reflective of those sky colors. It is probably the magenta cast as this is in very low sun light. Not really sure. BTW, that latest post of yours is one of your top classics (and that's saying something).

Thanks to all for very valued inputs. Truly appreciated.

Andreas Liedmann
04-02-2020, 12:57 AM
Hi David ... as far as I know ... raw images need to be sharpened in the first pace . And then sharpened for output a second time . the capture sharpening is a no brainer by applying the same amount to most of your files ... the second is more visually and not that a no brainer as has to be more variable .
Really surprised to hear that you like the softer appearance ...but your call

William Dickson
04-02-2020, 03:46 PM
I like the colours throughout...I may up the whites slightly and yes to a little more sharpening.

Will