PDA

View Full Version : On the hunt

Steve Kaluski
03-13-2020, 12:36 PM
This is one of two young brothers who we found very early in the morning, both missed out on a kill, the Sambar out witted them. However, we left them and then returning back an hour or so later, found them on the move again in the forest, this was taken as he began to emerge into the open.

Thanks to those who viewed or commented on the previous posting.

Steve

Subject: Young Tiger (Panthera tigris) on the hunt
Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
Lens: EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM HH
Exposure: 1/2000s at f/5.6 ISO6400
Original format: Portrait, very slight crop
Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2020

Jonathan Ashton
03-13-2020, 02:52 PM
This is quite simply a beautiful image. You have managed the contrasting lighting beautifully. The DOF is for me bang on point, the recession of the forest is really effective. The eye is beautifully lit and my attention is immediately drawn to it.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-13-2020, 10:31 PM
Hi Steve. I like the vertical framing with a hint of the forest in the BG and that golden light hitting the face and eye. Great techs and very nice details.

Steve Kaluski
03-14-2020, 06:59 AM
Thanks guys. :wave:

Randy Stout
03-14-2020, 09:57 AM
Steve:

A handsome fellow , well captured. Agree with Jon and Sanjeev. Dapped lighting can be a real challenge, but here I believe it worked to your advantage. It helped that there wasn't too much difference between the bright and more subdued areas.

Beautiful

Randy

Andreas Liedmann
03-14-2020, 03:42 PM
Hi Steve ... oh i do love the overall image !!!
IQ as best as it can be .... another reference file folks :w3 .... try to get there !!!

Lovely color depth and great tonal range .... with super fine details !!!

For absolute perfection I might dodge the black spots in the ULC , do some gardening on LHS centre and burn the bright LLC .... i.e. when it goes to print . Might be an optical illusion .... but is the tiger leaning to the RHS ??

TFS Andreas

John Mack
03-15-2020, 05:39 PM
Hey Hoss, welcome back. Love the light on this one. The setting is a nice touch. I know most people want those smooth backgrounds. But here i feel it adds some nice context. Like the crop and the vertical framing.

haseeb badar
03-17-2020, 02:56 PM
Hi Stave -- The comments above sums up the feedback perfectly, an absolutely delightful image and as Andreas said, it is indeed a reference file for us to produce such results.

Loved the light, pose, details , colours and the POV, a complete package .

Brilliant work , hats-off !!

TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
03-21-2020, 05:09 PM
This is stunning, Steve. Beautiful light and great POV. Subject well separated from the BG. Love the colours here but especially pose from the Tiger and HA. Impeccably processed as expected:cheers:

Please forgive my absence here in the forum, facing some major challenges at work as well as battling with Internet connection. Thank you so much for sharing!

Warmest regards,