PDA

View Full Version : Eurasian Wren

Michael Hogan
03-07-2020, 11:38 AM
Euraisan Wren - Troglodytes troglodytes

Randy Stout
03-07-2020, 04:41 PM
Michael:

Lovely color harmony between bird, perch and bg. I like the grains. Nicely exposed.

I wish there was a bit more DOF. Please be sure to include your gear and settings, as well as post processing , to help us understand the creation of the image.

From personal taste, I would crop. a modest amount off the top.

Cheers

Randy

Jonathan Ashton
03-07-2020, 04:43 PM
Hi Michael, you did well to get a wren so close. Having done this I think you have got a couple of minor problems, the DOF is very limited due to high magnification. Secondly the image is just a little soft, it is either slightly out of focus (OOF) or the shutter speed a little slow. How big a crop was it?
It is helpful to include your techs i.e SS, Aperture ISO camera lens etc.

Bill Dix
03-07-2020, 05:25 PM
Nice pose from this little wren. I love the coordinated color palette. I'd personally like a bit more on the bottom, an equal amount off the top. Good points made above.

Michael Hogan
03-08-2020, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the comments. It was taken with a Canon 7D, EF500 f4 with 1.2 extender. 1/500sec at f5.6, Av, +1Ev About a 50% crop

gail bisson
03-08-2020, 06:54 AM
Welcome back Michael- I see you have been a member for a long time -2008!!
Good advice above.
I would loosen the crop and take some off the top and add to the bottom and add canvas on the right.
DOF issue addressed.
I would adjust the yellows slightly. I know the light and the BG are yellow but it carries over to the bird a bit.
There is a bright white dot (specular highlight) just on top of the bill. I would evict that,
Gail

John Mack
03-09-2020, 02:52 PM
Agree with the other comments here so far. The light sure was nice.