PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle

gail bisson
02-29-2020, 10:44 AM
Canon 1 DX 3 600mm v.3
ISO 500 SS 1/3200 F 7.1
I wish for a more interesting sky but love the perfect light on the wings.
Crop to full vertical from landscape orientation.
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

Randy Stout
02-29-2020, 10:56 AM
Gail:

Outstanding image, very dramatic, excellent feather detail, pose. Yes a few light clouds to give a bit of depth perhaps, but very nice as is.

Like the way the birds pose works the diagonal of the frame. I could see just a 10% looser crop in all directions, just matter of taste.

Cheers

Randy

dankearl
02-29-2020, 11:58 AM
This is very nice for a sky shot... The whites on the head are excellent with
detail that is hard to get. You have a bit of red in the sky color, I might tweak that a tad.

Bill Dix
02-29-2020, 01:43 PM
Great flight shot, with good wing position. Lovely light and detail on the wings. Was this uplit from snow covered ground? I could also see a bit more room around, but of course that would require adding canvas top and bottom.

Jonathan Ashton
02-29-2020, 03:08 PM
Very well exposed and wonderful colours Gail. I too find it just a tad large the frame , boy I wish that was the worst critique I had received!
Just one point the image is very tall, how big a monitor is required to see the image full size?

gail bisson
02-29-2020, 04:59 PM
Jonathan- the image is posted (in error )at 1800 pixels high. I think the max suggested for BPN is ?1400. It is too tall for my 27" iMac.
Bill- you are correct. The snow is reflecting the light onto the wings.
Dan- I agree. I did not see that until you pointed it out. Easy fix.

Colin Driscoll
02-29-2020, 05:46 PM
Lovely shot for all the reasons mentioned.
As for size, a bit tall for my 27" Dell but Ctrl [Cmd] scroll one way or the other can always make something fit.

Ian McLachlan
02-29-2020, 09:34 PM
This is superb and makes me a bit nostalgic for the gentle way Canon handle their colouring. Lovely underwing reflection off the snow.
Gail you can go to 1920 on the long side these days as long as you don't exceed 600 K's in all. I'm not suggesting you do it here as the bird is at about 45 degrees and I think this frame is spot on.

arash_hazeghi
02-29-2020, 11:40 PM
I like the pose good underwing details. Color cast mentioned. The main issue with this image is the head angle and eye contact that’s not making a connection for me the bird is looking up and to the right.

TFS

Daniel Cadieux
03-01-2020, 07:58 AM
Pretty awesome. I agree the sky is bland, but in this case it does not really matter. I was going to say that I like the eye rotated to wherever it is it wants to go next!

David Roach
03-01-2020, 08:02 AM
Complaining about the sky on this perfectly lit view of a stately beauty in flight. Really... I also love the crop and the way this beauty is positioned within it. TFS

John Mack
03-01-2020, 08:17 AM
Nice view of those underwings for sure. The pose is nice and i like the crop. This would have made a nice horizontal in my book.

William Dickson
03-01-2020, 09:19 AM
Looking good Gail....Lovely detail and colours on the bird. I don't mind the position of the eye...It adds to the facial expression. And, the HA is good.

Will

Mike Poole
03-02-2020, 05:05 PM
Beautiful Gail, I too am fine with the angle of the bird. I don't clock the colours at first, so I took it into PS and neutralised it - and promptly recalibrated my monitor, so thanks!!

Mike

gail bisson
03-03-2020, 09:17 AM
Here is my repost will colors corrected.
Thank you all for your commnets.

Aditya Sridhar
03-03-2020, 01:40 PM
The repost is a very nice improvement on the original frame. Great exposure on the head. Awesome underwing detail. I don't mind the HA and lack of direct eye contact, but I can see how Arash's comments would make the image even stronger. TFS and looking forward to more images from your new rig :bg3: