PDA

View Full Version : Common blue (Polyommatus icarus)

Jonathan Ashton
02-21-2020, 04:08 PM
I don't think I have posted this image previously.. and if I have , well there is an excuse, I am using a slightly different processing algorithm.
We have a bonus, I didn't spot the crab spider or the other ?? instar of some sort

Hand held

Olympus E-M1X
Metering mode : Pattern
Exposure program : Manual
Shutter speed : 1/640 sec
Aperture : F7.1
ISO 200
Exposure bias : -0.3 EV
Lens focal length : 210 mm
Focal length in 35 mm film : 421.0mm
Flash : OFF

ACR + PSCC

Krishna Prasad kotti
02-23-2020, 01:02 PM
Beautiful Colors.

I think you can increase the brightness in mid tones a little bit. Also I am looking at this thinking it could be a vertical composition. Any specific reason why you choose horizontal composition ?

TFS

Jonathan Ashton
02-23-2020, 04:15 PM
Krishna, I kicked myself when I got back home to process this initially because the first thing I said to myself was that it should have been in portrait mode. I think it would have been better, I suspect it was oriented this way because I hadn't had the camera long and I was still customising it. I kept it landscape to maximise file size.
Which mid tones are you referring to - is it the flower head (self heal), it does look a little dark, it is indeed naturally quite dark and possibly the sun angle did not light it optimally. I didn't brighten it up because I wanted the spider and the butterfly to be the dominant features.

John Mack
02-26-2020, 06:23 PM
Looks great. Now all you need is some dew. I like the framing. Background is spot on. Nice to see the spider at the bottom. The butterfly is nice and parallel. Image quality looks great.

Randy Stout
03-12-2020, 04:35 PM
Jon:

I like this one a lot, the spider is a real bonus, plus attractive plant. Wish there was a bit more DOF for the trailing edge of the wings. It looks like you had some light to deal with a smaller aperture for increased DOF. Nice fuzzy butterfly!

Cheers

Randy