PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Australia

Ernst Zigmund
02-19-2020, 10:09 PM
Hi all,

I'm a keen BIF shooter of the ambulatory type. There's nothing like a grab shot, or grab burst, to get the adrenaline running. I go out bush or outback for 4-6 weeks each year, photographing during the day and deleting at night :w3

Here's an immature Black-shouldered Kite, shot at a water treatment plant that's a RAMSAR-listed wetland not far from base camp.

Daniel Cadieux
02-20-2020, 06:14 PM
Hey there Ernst, welcome to BPN!! Awesome bird with a great stare. Hope to see some of your images on the Avian forum:S3:

Ernst Zigmund
02-20-2020, 06:54 PM
Thanks Daniel!

Ernst Zigmund
02-21-2020, 01:20 PM
So my first avian post was crticised as too small. With DXO PhotoLab to stay under 600 Kb with that detailed image I'm limited to 1000 mp on the long side. Or I can reduce the jpeg quality.

There isn't this problem with Nikonians (1 meg) or Fred Miranda (1.4 meg). The advice was to use Adobe software but I won't be subscribing.

The crop was also described as square. It isn't in the original and I know from another forum that this version of forum script is capable of cropping the right side without adding a slider - that's just a heads up for admin.

So I won't be posting again. Feel free to cancel my account.