PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian Goose feeding portrait at crazy high Iso

Andreas Liedmann
02-16-2020, 10:13 AM
Hi folks was digging through old files .... and tumbled across this image taken at a local lake . The guys are used to human presence and even causing problems to the resident species by attacking them and chasing them off . So their eggs will be exchanged to artificial ones by local authority, to prevent them from successful breeding .
Image was taken in 2015 , just for keeping me practising .... during a low photographic period .
And for sure to push boundaries ... as you can see with my used techs .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC III
HH lying flat on the ground

F 5,6 ; ISO 20.000 ( no Typo ) ; 1/ 1250 sec

Processed with DPP 4 ( NR turned Off ) and PSCC 2020 ; NR with Neat image ; a second round to the low res file at the end . The color intensity might not be everyones taste ... and can be easily reduced .

Thanks for watching

Cheers Andreas

Randy Stout
02-16-2020, 11:44 AM
Andreas:

Amazing noise control! I sure it was properly exposed to begin with, but still pretty remarkable. I like the point of view,composition, DOF as well. Yes, perhaps a bit oversaturated, but fun.

Cheers

Randy

Steve Kaluski
02-16-2020, 11:59 AM
Amazing noise control! I sure it was properly exposed to begin with, but still pretty remarkable. I like the point of view,composition, DOF as well. Yes, perhaps a bit oversaturated, but fun.

Agree with Randy here Andreas, however the ISO doesn't surprise me, as it's what we have been saying within the Wildlife Forum for a number of years now, but I think some of the Avian bods may be pleasantly surprised. Personally I would loose the old leaf on the LHS.

Lets hope the MKIII lives up to it's predecessor, of which I have reservations on, as I do believe in the Brand irrespective. :S3:

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
02-16-2020, 12:33 PM
Thanks Randy & Steve for your comments .

Randy - for sure a perfect file to begin with . Shot perfectly ETTR with a ever so slightly clipping in the brightest HL . Shooting ETTR is the key to control the noise ....

Steve - yes we do tell for years now ... over there .... still not fully successful :w3. Had a quick go yesterday .... at least from my POV the MK III is cleaner in terms of noise .... but i did not make comparison . Just a gut feeling when looking at the files .... but DPP is painfully slow with the new files !!!!!

Thanks Andreas

arash_hazeghi
02-16-2020, 02:21 PM
not the prettiest looking bird but a nice head shot and I like the low angle too. I am not surprised because most cameras can produce great results when doing a head shot at point blank...

TFS

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-17-2020, 12:52 PM
Hi Andreas, I love the vibrant look of the image, great low angle and good details at this super high ISO. Nicely shot and processed!

Dorian Anderson
02-17-2020, 02:11 PM
I really like this low-angle headshot! It's very creative. The colors are also really nice. File looks good for such high ISO as well.

John Mack
02-17-2020, 04:12 PM
Nice shooting angle on this one. Love all that green. Image quality looks great for the ISO. Nice and sharp.

Stu Bowie
02-19-2020, 02:33 PM
Hi Andreas, amazing detail for such a high ISO - well done. I like the low angle, and a subject that is under estimated that can produce great flight images.