PDA

View Full Version : Motif: Back lit egret

Alfred Forns
07-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Earlier this year from Little Estero Lagoon Light was getting very strong with the sun high in the sky Nothing much to do so I went for this type image.

All you need is a strong sun high in the horizon, a bird and water. For exposure you want to stop down to f 22 for the effect in the water and exposure wise this was at -2 When you are working backlit try this formula If you look at the reflection and have to turn your eyes away because it so bright .... minus 3 is usually needed. When is very strong but you are able to look the go for -2. Anything less one under.

One trick you can do for protecting your eye and being able to focus. Use the preview lever while looking at the viewfinder It darkens the image enough your retina won't get fried !!!

We got two more weeks lets see what you can come up with !!!

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Gus Cobos
07-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi Al I like it very much. I will try this; never done this type of capture before. I seeing something strange around the bill of the bird. possibly due to the merging of the tip of the bill and the black wave...:confused:

Harold Davis
07-03-2008, 06:56 PM
cool image, jefe!!! like the effect. wonder what some warmth would do to this one.

Alfred Forns
07-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Btw this is the way they come out The image was not turned to b&w !!!!

Never thought about it but might not be a bad idea toning !!! Neat !!!

Desmond Chan
07-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Btw this is the way they come out The image was not turned to b&w !!!!

And I was about to ask you that :)

Alfred Forns
07-03-2008, 08:24 PM
............................... :D:)

Oscar Zangroniz
07-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Jefe? I think Mr. H is confused. Fabs is the Jefe!!!!!!!!
Great image Al, and a great tutorial for these types of shots.
Thanks.

Alfred Forns
07-04-2008, 08:31 AM
...................... :eek::):):)

Harold Davis
07-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Jefe? I think Mr. H is confused. Fabs is the Jefe!!!!!!!!

my mistake. i dont wont to make mom mad:(:(:D:D