PDA

View Full Version : Springbok

Andreas Liedmann
02-09-2020, 11:43 AM
Hi folks .... just a quick jump from carnivore to herbivore !!

Image taken at Nxai Pan in Botswana .
BG is the pale waterhole ... taken in very bright and hot conditions .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 500 IS L II + 2x TC III
Beanbag

F 10; ISO 800 ; 1/2500 sec ; man exp and auto iso

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2020 ; slightly cropped for comp from top

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
02-09-2020, 01:16 PM
Well exposed Andreas, and super techs! Nice pose too, subject is thirsty... or rather quenching his thirst.

I like it, can almost feel the dry heat and scorching sun. Framing its great, colours spot-on. Shadow not too strong.
A neat image with a clean background, well presented, good HA from the subject, very well processed with nice sharpness and detail :cheers:

Kind regards,

Jonathan Ashton
02-10-2020, 01:36 AM
Another fine shot Andreas, I lke the eyelashes and the water droplet. It would have been easy to lose detail in the neck but you did well withe the bright light. I am sensing a little less contrast in this image than I might have expected from you- no doubt due to the bright light.

Tim Munsey
02-10-2020, 08:14 AM
Stunning image and beast.

Andreas Liedmann
02-12-2020, 02:25 PM
Thanks Gabriela , Jon and Tim for your comments :wave:

haseeb badar
02-13-2020, 12:08 PM
Hi Andreas -- Another fantastic image where details are great and subject looks lifelike on the screen. I think you have really mastered the skills in getting the images in those bright conditions, I feel the light is not that ideal but the resultant image is far better. The whites can so easily be blown . very nicely done.

TFS !

John Mack
02-20-2020, 04:08 PM
Killer portrait here. Spot on framing and detail. You handled the light very well.