PDA

View Full Version : Juvie Resplendent Quetzal

gail bisson
02-08-2020, 03:29 PM
Finally, this is the juvie that I mentioned in my previous post. He does not have the long tail feathers yet.
You can bet that I would have given anything to have the mature male on this natural perch but alas, it is what it is. I will just have to go back some day!
Same EXIF data as previous post
Canon 1 DX 600mmv3
ISO 1600 SS 1/500
Taken in portrait mode- about 70%FF.
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

Colin Driscoll
02-08-2020, 04:52 PM
Just gorgeous! Perfect HA, lovely soft light and great BG on an excellent perch. Long tail feathers or not this is a beautiful bird.

Bill Dix
02-08-2020, 05:16 PM
Oh, now this one's really sweet. Colors, detail, pose, BG all excellent, and that natural perch is to die for. No nits.

Aditya Sridhar
02-08-2020, 05:40 PM
This is wonderful, Gail! Never mind the shorter tail feathers; the perch and the background are to die for! The bird really pops out here. Great HA and details. I love the pink flower on the branch. Personally, the dark patch does draw my eye a bit and I'd consider dodging/cloning it out. Really well done overall!

Edit: Composition is very well-balanced too!

Geoffrey Montagu
02-08-2020, 06:25 PM
Simply superb. The perfect pose on such a beautiful perch, and lovely background.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

dankearl
02-08-2020, 07:19 PM
Wow. So beautiful, perfect head angle. Congrats.

Dorian Anderson
02-08-2020, 08:11 PM
Echo all the positives as this is killer. Sharpness is simply outstanding. My only issue - very minor - is the bird looking into the short side of the frame. I know the goal was to
keep the pink flower, so I understand know its probably not something than can be fixed without cheating and adding canvas. Bird is so good the dark stuff above doesn't really bother me.

gail bisson
02-08-2020, 08:56 PM
Thanks guys! I went back to my folder and found more images with more room on the left and here is the repost. Much better! I also dodged the black area at the top. Thanks for the keen eyes!
Oops, posted larger than OP.

Krishna Prasad kotti
02-08-2020, 10:25 PM
Beautiful Bird. Excellent Feather details. I would clone out the dark spot at the top.

TFS

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-09-2020, 06:45 AM
What a gorgeous bird and the frame is just amazing. Great detail and colours. The perch is sweet and the HA perfect.

Stu Bowie
02-09-2020, 08:55 AM
Hi Gail, another killer image from your shoot. This juvie is really tack sharp, and love the 'fuzzy' detail around the top of the head. You have brought out the feather detail so well, and I'm fine with the comp as is.

Mike Poole
02-09-2020, 09:01 AM
Beautiful Gail - why oh why didn't the male perch here!!! Even with the shorter tail feathers I think this is the best of the bunch. Wonderful feather details and colours, I like the framing in the RP. I might be tempted to work on the 2 black splurges lower left, and maybe the black area top right.

The colours in those feathers are just incredible

Mike

William Dickson
02-09-2020, 09:44 AM
Love it Gail.....RP is awesome...Absolutely beautiful colours throughout the image....Detail is splendid. Pose, HA, perch, BG....Perfect.

Very well done

Will

David Roach
02-09-2020, 06:32 PM
In a word, your last two posts, like most of your creations, were resplendent... TFS

John Mack
02-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Very nice all around. Not much else to say. Thanks for posting bigger.

arash_hazeghi
02-12-2020, 03:59 AM
the larger repost brought this to life. love everything about it

David Salem
02-17-2020, 09:23 PM
I agree, the larger re-post really brought it to life!! Love the perch and the BG in this one. Ya, the adult would have been killer but you take em as they come. Not east to even get this so great job!! Well done Gail