PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Bluebird... third time ever reported in Florida.

Joseph Przybyla
01-20-2020, 09:07 AM
I captured this image along Trilby Road in Pasco County, Florida. I read on Florida Birdbrains of the sighting, Dottie and I went there early yesterday morning. This image is a large crop out of necessity. The morning was dark and cloudy, about twenty or so birders were there from all around Florida. I had to photograph from a distance not wanting to be the one to flush the bird that was a lifetime sighting for all present. I couldn't add a teleconverter because light would not allow at reasonable settings. So the image is what it is, I wish I could have moved closer. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, image captured at 400mm
1/125 F/6.3 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 500 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2020 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentation

Arthur Morris
01-20-2020, 09:09 AM
Bingo! The. image as presented is loverly.

with. love, artie

Alex Becker
01-20-2020, 12:07 PM
Awesome look at a real rarity for the area. I love the BG and the perch while manmade is pretty neat. The pose is nice, but it does look like a of motion blur on the bird itself. TFS

gail bisson
01-20-2020, 01:18 PM
Great bird but I too, see motion blur on the bird . It doesn't look like it can be improved with sharpening either. Any others?
Gail

Bill Dix
01-20-2020, 03:58 PM
Congratulations on getting a Florida rarity. As you say, it is what it is. I've been in that situation more than once - I suppose we all have - knowing that you might have gotten closer but for fear of being the first one to spook a rarity in front of dozens of birders eager for a lifer. Fine shot under the circumstances.

John Mack
01-20-2020, 03:59 PM
It's a nice documentary frame. Yes not tack sharp but i like the framing. The barbed wire is neat as well.

Dorian Anderson
01-20-2020, 09:28 PM
I have several birding cronies who have pursued this bird since it appeared. Good record shot, but the fence kills this artistically.