PDA

View Full Version : Basking in the shade

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
01-16-2020, 03:05 AM
A tiger rests in the shade of bamboo trees at Bandhavgarh. Dec 2019. Haseeb had posted a similar frame. He went in tight for a head shot I went wide giving a different perspective.
5D IV
100-400 II at 135mm
1/50 (bean bag)
f/5
ISO 6400

haseeb badar
01-16-2020, 08:19 AM
Hi Doc -- I think you have done well here.

My main reason for going tight was the steep angle , which is quite evident here. That leaf is looking good :t3.

Not on the proper monitor to comment but colours look good to me. Also you have got those details here but i would suggest you should have gone for 10k for more ss and cant suggest ettr here , as I also forgot that aspect myself.

Nice one, TFS !

Steve Kaluski
01-16-2020, 09:06 AM
Hi Sanjeev, each time you post, images just go up that extra notch, I really like it. :cheers:

I think you could loose a bit off the RH side, anything more might be deemed at being a bit 'picky' :w3, keep up the hard work, it's paying off!!!

TFS
Steve

PS 1/50 you must have hands of a surgeon. :bg3:

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
01-16-2020, 10:16 AM
Ha ha. Thanks Haseeb and Steve. I seem to have a good technique in hand and breath holding :bg3::cheers:

Jonathan Ashton
01-16-2020, 12:06 PM
A fine shot Haseeb, I think the colours are good. I am guessing you used one of the Mahindras or Suzukis that was designed for two in the back, I mention it because the ones I went in (two rows of seats in the back) didn't have anywhere convenient to place a bean bag.

Andreas Liedmann
01-16-2020, 02:40 PM
Hi Sanjeev .... well this image looks really nice on all counts . A really nice step into the right direction . Are you " crazy" with that kit and the settings used .... but at this size it does work . The tiger gave you a sweet expression in his face .... almost cute looking .
I might try and push the colors a bit more .... of the forest :w3. The colors of the tiger are looking good to me.

Nice one Sanjeev and no problem with the angle ... when being close , just a shortcoming nothing we can do about at times .

TFS Andreas

John Mack
01-16-2020, 03:31 PM
You were close to this fellow. Nice pose and i like the bamboo. Image quality looks nice for the ISO.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
01-17-2020, 07:52 AM
Hi Jon, Its Sanjeev, not haseeb :bg3:

Gabriela Plesea
01-20-2020, 07:01 AM
Lovely capture Sanjeev (not Haseeb:t3:bg3:)

Well composed and pose from the subject is great, love the outstretched paws and eye contact. Pretty sharp for 1/50s!

Agree with Andreas, I would also 'push' the colours a bit further - especially on those bamboo leaves.

I noticed in some other images posted on the Forum that the Tiger's coats are a tad more orange. Really difficult for me to comment on colour or make suggestions, but I feel that a bit more vibrance would be good. Your call:w3

Thank you so much for sharing, I truly enjoyed viewing.

Kind regards,