PDA

View Full Version : Theme Muscovy Duck

Bill Dix
01-15-2020, 05:16 PM
From Lake Morton last March. Almost full-frame (slight crop top and left). The light was somewhat dim, but I still should have traded a bit of SS for a stop or two given how close I was.

D500, Sigma 150-600C @ 280mm, 1/1000s @ f/6.3 mm.

Aditya Sridhar
01-15-2020, 05:19 PM
Very interesting bird! I like the detail and the green sheen on the feathers. I wish for more room on the front and slightly better HA would've been ideal. Brightening the iris and the face would add more interest IMO. Nice shot, Bill.

Alex Becker
01-15-2020, 08:10 PM
A very mischievous looking duck. Details look pretty good. Not the world's prettiest duck but pretty interesting to view regardless. I agree with Aditya that a bit more in front / less on left would help the composition. I see a bit of blues in the whites. TFS

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-16-2020, 08:48 AM
Interesting Duck. I think the crop and the Head Angle could be better.

Agree with comments that there needs to be more room for the subject.

TFS

Geoffrey Montagu
01-16-2020, 10:25 AM
Excellent portrait of this uniquely designed duck. Like that you captured a bit of the green iridescence on the back feathers.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

William Dickson
01-16-2020, 01:42 PM
What a lovely colour around the head area. I may brighten that area up a wee bit. The BG sure shows the bird well

Will

gail bisson
01-16-2020, 03:35 PM
I like this.
My main recomendation would be to lighten up the face.
Very good IQ and I like the "comb" at the top of the head.
It is nice to see the iridescence on the back feathers.
I like your crop. After all, it is a portrait !
Gail

Dorian Anderson
01-16-2020, 05:39 PM
Great detail, but you have to have better eye contact for headshots like this to connect. I'd also move him right in the frame to lose some of the back and give him more
space into which to look on that left hand side.

dankearl
01-16-2020, 10:28 PM
Great subject.. Agree on lightening the face and especially the eye.

Bill Dix
01-17-2020, 11:45 AM
Thank you all. I did brighten the eye and face somewhat in the original processing, but perhaps not enough. I'll go back and take a look. I personally like the crop since I wanted to keep the green feathers and not cut the white one. As Gail says, it is a portrait. But that's personal preference.