PDA

View Full Version : Gray-tailed Tattler - Thailand

Dorian Anderson
01-07-2020, 02:45 PM
I'm just back from 16 days in Thailand with my wife. It was mostly birding (290 species), but I managed to squeeze out a few shots as we moved around.

This Gray-tailed Tattler (winter plumage) is from Peninsular Thailand, in Phangnga Province about 2 hours north of Phuket (a tourist trap we avoided like the plague).

More traditionally Thai and SE Asian species will be coming through the pipeline in the next few days.

Canon 600mm f/4 IS II + 1.4x III on EOS 1DX2
1/3200 at f/5.6, ISO 640, handheld
Processed in LR CC. Cloned out a few very small - and distracting - specular highlights. No interest in more cloning, like the thing at far right.

William Dickson
01-07-2020, 04:34 PM
Brilliant........Lovely IQ and that raised foot adds so much. POV and HA spot on. Maybe looking a wee bit 'yellowish' on my monitor.

TFS

Will

Bill Dix
01-07-2020, 05:50 PM
Beautiful bird, beautiful light, wonderful IQ as Will says. Low POV is great; maybe an argument could be made for a bit higher, but it's touch to get up off your belly at a moment's notice.

gail bisson
01-07-2020, 07:56 PM
Love the color palette and the light.
Great low POV and tack sharp.
Perfect HA and always a good thing to see the foot in mid-stride.
Looking forward to your Thailand pics,
Gail

Joseph Przybyla
01-08-2020, 08:24 AM
Hi Dorian, welcome back. Lovely image, your usual spot on techs. Love the raised foot, wish I could see the other foot. Thank you for sharing.

Alex Becker
01-09-2020, 10:38 AM
Great colors and pose. Lovely catchlight. Detail looks great. I wouldn't change anything here. Love seeing new birds here. TFS