PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year

arash_hazeghi
01-03-2020, 04:45 PM
This is the last image I took in 2019, bald eagle soaring into a new decade hope you like it

D500 and 500PF ISO 1600 f/5.6 at 1/1250sec hand held processed with C1P

BG was very calm water

Kambiz Shoarinejad
01-04-2020, 12:14 AM
Beautiful frame... TFS...

Perfect pose, including the head angle and the wing positions. Good feather detail, particularly on top of the left wing. The one nit pick would be what looks like the loss of feather detail on top of the head and on the tail. But then again I know how difficult it is to get the perfect exposure on both white and dark areas for these bald eagles...

Wishing you a wonderful new year full of happiness and prosperity...

Cheers,
-K.

arash_hazeghi
01-04-2020, 02:09 AM
Beautiful frame... TFS...

Perfect pose, including the head angle and the wing positions. Good feather detail, particularly on top of the left wing. The one nit pick would be what looks like the loss of feather detail on top of the head and on the tail. But then again I know how difficult it is to get the perfect exposure on both white and dark areas for these bald eagles...

Wishing you a wonderful new year full of happiness and prosperity...

Cheers,
-K.

Hi Kambiz, it is not hard to get details in those areas, I can see plenty of details there on my NEC reference monitor

Happy new year to you as well and cheers

Kambiz Shoarinejad
01-04-2020, 02:56 AM
Hi Kambiz, it is not hard to get details in those areas, I can see plenty of details there on my NEC reference monitor

Happy new year to you as well and cheers

Oh, good. Because on my calibrated NEC PA272W-BK-R and on the smaller image you have posted, I unfortunately don’t see much detail on top of the head or the top of the tail. So I guess it has to do with the lower size of the image coupled with my monitor...

John Mack
01-04-2020, 10:35 AM
Nice pose here. Detail on the bird looks great. Like that gary background.

arash_hazeghi
01-04-2020, 02:01 PM
Oh, good. Because on my calibrated NEC PA272W-BK-R and on the smaller image you have posted, I unfortunately don’t see much detail on top of the head or the top of the tail. So I guess it has to do with the lower size of the image coupled with my monitor...

that is strange, the smaller image looks good from here just how a BE looks like. I don't know what to tell you....

Paul Burdett
01-04-2020, 06:15 PM
Wonderful image Arash. You keep making it difficult for me to choose between Nikon D500/500F and the Sony A9/200-600 (especially in regards to AF tracking speed).

Daniel Cadieux
01-05-2020, 01:34 PM
Hey Arash, Happy New Year to you as well!! Keep up the great photography:S3:.

Cool image, I love the thickness (or width) to the wings.