PDA

View Full Version : Now, that's a branch...

David Roach
01-03-2020, 07:20 AM
EOS R EF400 DO I 2xtc II f11 1/250 ISO 800

This is the cleaner of the two nests I was working on this blustery/cloudy morning. Cropped from horizontal to vertical for an admittedly tight view (full frame top to bottom, just got the males head plumes in frame). The wind blew back his neck plumes and her top neck feathers. I like the slight motion blur in this one.

Thanks as always for valued inputs. Please keep them coming.

gail bisson
01-03-2020, 09:33 AM
Good behavior portrayed.
I just wish you had room at the top for the head plumes. You could always give the head plumes a slight trim to get them away from the edge!
I would increase the exposure slightly and reduce the magenta cast. The cast is most noticeable in the twigs and branches.
If you were so inclined, I would clone out the 2 stray lines (? feathers) on the right edge of frame about halfway down and below the male's wing.
Good DOF and I am OK with the wing blur.

David Roach
01-03-2020, 09:58 AM
Thanks as always Gail for your very valued input. After you telling me a few times, I read the EOS R has a magenta cast in low light. I can't detect it myself but I have recently been taking about 3 points off magenta in DPP for low light images. Thanks to your eagle eyes, I know I'll have to go a few more.
Peace,
David

Good behavior portrayed.
I just wish you had room at the top for the head plumes. You could always give the head plumes a slight trim to get them away from the edge!
I would increase the exposure slightly and reduce the magenta cast. The cast is most noticeable in the twigs and branches.
If you were so inclined, I would clone out the 2 stray lines (? feathers) on the right edge of frame about halfway down and below the male's wing.
Good DOF and I am OK with the wing blur.

Bill Dix
01-03-2020, 10:51 AM
Excellent pose from both birds. Love the crossed bills, and both heads free of clutter against the green BG. Good suggestions from Gail.

John Mack
01-04-2020, 10:33 AM
Well, another nice one from this series. Great poses on both birds. Good suggestions so far.

arash_hazeghi
01-04-2020, 02:43 PM
I like the interaction but too tight in the frame with right bird's crown partially clipped. critical focus was on the body both heads look a bot soft to me

TFS