PDA

View Full Version : Black-fronted Dotterel

Colin Driscoll
12-19-2019, 12:42 AM
The bird is fluffed up after a preening session.
1DXII 600 f4 III 1.4x III 840 mm HH
1/2000 f6.3 iso800
Manual

Cropped, levels, cleaned up some mud and sticks in the water.
Light sharpen.
We are in a bad fire season here and the air is heavy with smoke.
The original image had a strong sepia tone that I re-balanced.
The quite faint sun can be seen in the eye reflection.

David Roach
12-19-2019, 04:41 AM
Love the details and colors with spot on EXP. Only wish for a little more on the bottom and perhaps even lower angle but I love it as is. TFS

Bill Dix
12-19-2019, 10:42 AM
I agree with David's comments. But adding more on the bottom would perhaps be too much mudflat. So how about cropping a bit off the top to bring the bird up in the frame?

Mike Poole
12-19-2019, 01:23 PM
Ye to the bird being a little higher in the frame, but I like everything else about it, perfect angles and detail

Mike

Colin Driscoll
12-19-2019, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the comments. I was very near level with the bird but couldn't go right down with too much low vegetation in the way. Here's a re-post as suggested.

gail bisson
12-20-2019, 10:32 AM
Very nice! A great bird to photograph as well.
I wish that the dotterel had been a foot further away from the shore. That would eliminate the band of sand at the bottom of the frame.
I think if you had been up higher you could have cleared that "sandbar" and still keep the nice watery BG.
The smoky light is very nice (but the fires are a calamity for your country.) IQ is very good.
I love the hint of rusty-red in the plumage,
Gail

John Mack
12-21-2019, 08:12 AM
Well i prefer the other dotterel frame with the cleaner foreground. Bird is nice and sharp.