PDA

View Full Version : White-tail buck

John Mack
12-17-2019, 05:11 PM
This image was created in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on 12/4/19 at 8:10AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Canon 5D MarkIV
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
403mm
ISO 3200
f6.3
1/1000sec

Mike Poole
12-19-2019, 12:47 PM
Love the setting John, the BG light and the frost are beautiful. I don't think the look back pose works as well here because the face has turned into shadow, and we 'lose' the bucks left eye. I think the stronger composition this time would have been a more regular straight ahead walking pose with more room on the left of the frame. I would also consider cloning out the white stalk that intersects with the belly

Mike

Steve Kaluski
12-20-2019, 07:06 AM
Hi John, like the scene with the frosty grass and warm, saturated light. Here a bit more below would help and I like the look back post, but not the distraction flowers. I would also look at address some distracting stems and the colour of the frosty grass, too blue. Getting/balacing the warm light and cool FG is key. As presented it looks a bit dark and you need to create a tad more variation in the lighting, not much I feel, but it all adds the the picture. Was the image slightly under exposed as you could add a little NR to the BKG?

This has some nice potential John, just a little more work in PP and perhaps exposure.

TFS
Steve