PDA

View Full Version : Wild Dogs with leftover ....

Andreas Liedmann
12-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Hi folks ... well well , long time ago that i posted . Sorry for that ..... but nothing i could have done about it .
Hope you are all well ... and you missed me badly :bg3::bg3::bg3:. Will not wait for the answer .... just post an image that was created in september in South Luangwa NP in Zambia .
Anette and i stayed for roughly two weeks in that area .

One morning we found , due to the help of a very friendly safari driver a small pack of wild dogs . We stayed shortly with them , as they had already finished a Puku and only bits and pieces were left . All of a sudden they started moving .... we followed and went ahead of them , luckily they crossed our position a i could grab some shots while they were running .
These two bigger puppies .... were `fighting `with each other to keep that piece of leg . As many times with these folks .... it was a rather quick sighting .

Canon EOS 1Dx MK II
EF 200 - 400 IS L at 526 mm
HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 5000 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC2020 ; cropped to 75% of FF , no other option for cropping as they ran fast and LHS is as shot .

Thanks for watching

Cheers Andreas

haseeb badar
12-14-2019, 08:22 AM
Hi Andreas -- Great to have you back and posting.

I loved the moment and your timing makes for nice expressions and pose. I can see cropping have affected the IQ but still a good enough image . Nice techs and PP work as well.

A fine image, TFS !

John Mack
12-14-2019, 08:44 AM
Nice view of both these wild dogs. The leg they are fighting over is a big plus. Detail looks quite good. Nice framing as well.

Jonathan Ashton
12-15-2019, 06:52 AM
I like it , the poses are really eye catching as are the little puffs of dust, personally not in the least concerned about the LHS. You have really shown the tones in the dog's coat exceptionally well.

Andreas Liedmann
12-15-2019, 11:15 AM
Thanks Haseeb , John and Jon for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Haseeb .... not seeing any IQ issues because of cropping . As i lost only 25 % of pixels ....

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
12-16-2019, 06:55 AM
Welcome back Andreas,

Yes we did miss you a lot :bg3: and wondered when you'll be coming back!

And what awesome sighting you are sharing here with us, thank you Boetie:w3

Indeed WD are hard to follow and I think you've done so well to get ahead of them and wait. When not sleeping they are usually very active and while hunting they wander a lot, on and off the road, always on the run. I am very pleased for you to have had this opportunity:S3:

Image quality looks good for ISO 5000 and frame is well exposed. Composition works for me, BG is nice and clean, helps the subjects 'pop'. Great pose of those youngsters playing with the Puku remains, love those feet off the ground and dust raising, eyes visible, the blood stains on their coats add to the drama.
Nice thinking on techs and the 1/2500 SS helped freeze the moment, DoF just about right, colours look natural. Might have 'warmed' things up a bit if this was mine ( I wish !!!!) but I gather you wanted an accurate rendition of the scene and lighting conditions, superb image Boetie and I truly enjoyed viewing :cheers:

Let's see some more please, what else have you got from this trip?

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
12-17-2019, 01:37 PM
Thanks Gabriela for kind words ....

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions , with hindsight i can warm things up a bit , no question . And would not hurt .... the image . I am completely off editing ....:2eyes2::2eyes2::2eyes2: .... no real intention to do so .

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
12-20-2019, 06:22 AM
Hi Andreas, it works with good techs and tonal depth, just not sure on the central placement.

TFS
Steve