PDA

View Full Version : Another Tiger...

Steve Kaluski
12-13-2019, 03:30 PM
Just to keep Jon company with his first Tiger posting. This is another frame from when we found two young male brothers stalking a Sambar deer, but sadly due to their inexperience they failed. Not ideal with the tree through the back, but this part of the reserved had them peppering the area everywhere and not being allowed to go off road, getting a good position can be challenging at the of best ofttimes.

Thanks to those who viewed or commented on the previous posting.

Steve

Subject: Tiger (Panthera tigris) trying to stalk
Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
Lens: 100-400 f/4.5 MKII
Exposure: 1/1600s at f/5.6 ISO6400
Original format: Landscape, slight crop from the top, FF width
Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2020

Andreas Liedmann
12-13-2019, 03:52 PM
Hi Steve .... always great to see the striped cats .
Great you got a clear view and the trees are there .... no problem for me.
Color and tones are looking spot on to me .... good to enjoy again the high IQ . Framing works nice and i do like the gaze into the empty space .... what was the tiger looking at ?
Lovely fine detail and very well processed .

TFS the Grey Sock :wave:

haseeb badar
12-14-2019, 08:19 AM
Hi Steve -- Getting a good position is not easy with a Tiger sighting. But this is a really very nice image , especially the IQ and the fine details that you have managed. Beautiful colours and lovely specimen of a tiger. Cant do much with the tree but I am ok with it or rather been used to it .

Nicely done and TFS !

John Mack
12-14-2019, 08:42 AM
Nice view of this beast. Like the pose and that stare. The framing is right on for me. I don't mind the tree thats nature for ya.

Jonathan Ashton
12-14-2019, 11:06 AM
It's a beauty well done. The tiger looks as though it's in great condition, no obvious scratches. I like the setting and the alert pose.

Gabriela Plesea
12-16-2019, 07:15 AM
Dear Steve,
Just when I thought I've seen all your tigers you show us another one, thank you :cheers:

Indeed a beauty and in superb condition... what enormous whiskers this youngster has! Great pose, love the colours, wonderful detail. Nice POV. I like the environment/ trees.

Super techs and IQ is very good for 6400 ISO, frame perfectly exposed. Must say the DoF chosen helps separate the subject so well from the BG.

Beautifully processed and presented, detail is awesome:w3 A pleasure to view, thank you so much for sharing!

Warmest regards,