PDA

View Full Version : Doges Palace- Venice Italy

Michael P. Centanni
07-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Shot early mourning to beat the crowds. I shot this also verticle, not sure which one works.
C & C most welcome!!!

Robert Amoruso
07-03-2008, 07:21 AM
Nice perspective Michael. In more contrasty light, would be great HDR subject. With the low light here works perfect straight up.

Alfred Forns
07-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Really nice Micheal No clue how you got that place empty!!!!!

I think this would work better than vertical I like how the columns look on each side !!! btw places like this would be a dream with a PC lens and no one around !!!

Roman Kurywczak
07-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi Michael,
I too like the horizontal of this!.................and my favorite...........no people! It would be interesting to see the vert for comparison. You can put in in a reply........Go advance........insert it..........so we can compare right in this thread. Very well handled!

Michael P. Centanni
07-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the coments! Its the only way I will ever get better at this thing:)
It was great getting up at like 5am for these shots, then went back to sleep! When shooting these, a local jogger cut right in front of me and I took a series of pics of him running down the corridor, pretty funny! I know how he feels about tourists here at the Shore this time of year:D

Taken with a D300, 18-70mm @ 70mm, ISO 200, tri-pod

Alfred Forns
07-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi Michael Both look great but I do think I like the first one better !! Glad you go to use a tripod !!!

Roman Kurywczak
07-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi Michael,
I like both but favor the vert! You may want to add a small black border around the vert for this presentation as the edge tends to bleed into the white by the left column....even though there is detail.

Julie Kenward
07-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Yep, that horizontal one does it for me. What a beautiful image! It's amazing how an image that relies more on pattern than colors can be so darn interesting but this one really works!

Gus Cobos
07-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi Michael,
I agree with Al, I like the first one better...:cool:

George DeCamp
07-04-2008, 06:53 AM
Hy Mike!

I like the firat better as well! I am sure Clare was very grateful you woke her up at 5am while she was on vacation to go take photos in the city! *lol*

Nice job, keep them coming I enjoy the trip to Italy!