PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Crossing

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-11-2019, 01:44 PM
Hi all,
Here is an image from Selous Game Reserve in Tanzania. Th place was simply huge and the landscape gorgeous. The light at dawn and dusk was magical. These 3 elephants were crossing the river and the sheer expanse of the place made them look like tiny creatures and not the gentle giants that they are.
5D III
100-400 II
1/400
f/7.1
ISO 3200

Steve Kaluski
12-12-2019, 07:14 AM
Hi Sanjeev, I like the tranquil setting and overall colours, albeit I do feel there is a colour cast within the image. Personally I might clean up the water, but just my take.

TFS
Steve

John Mack
12-12-2019, 08:58 AM
Nice to see the elephants in the landscape they live in. The whole scene is very nice. Really like those clouds.

Jonathan Ashton
12-13-2019, 05:26 AM
This reminds me of one of the reserves in Kruger as I was eating a nice steak! I suspect you may have done a few versions of this image playing with the colours, I know there can be an orange glow... looks credible but I think maybe is there some purple creeping in?

Gabriela Plesea
12-13-2019, 02:20 PM
Interesting that John mentioned Kruger Park in SA, I had the same thought when I opened the thumbnail:)

I like this Sanjeev, somehow I wish there was a string of ellies and not just three but I am happy with the colours, and I think the red - or orange glow - happens in Africa after a hot day, you must have captured this scene at 5 or 6 pm, last light?

Are those hippies (hippos) in the river on the RHS?:w3 I think they are! Lovely tranquil scene and the palm in the BG a nice feature, so is the little 'island' in the river.
Well seen and captured, you were there and it mattered to you, very special memory and I can relate to this myself. Enjoyed viewing, very much - thank you for sharing:cheers:

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
12-15-2019, 11:14 AM
Hi Sanjeev ... works for me as presented .
Very nice tranquil scene , you have captured .

TFS Andreas