PDA

View Full Version : Pine Grosbeak with snowy rowanberries

Ivan Sjogren
12-11-2019, 09:06 AM
Hi all, closing in to christmas and winter time has finally hit Sweden for real with some lastning snow after weeks of rainy and grey days.
We are also blessed with a Pine Grosbeak invasion this season with thousands of birds feeding on rowanberries whereever they can find them. Unfortunately Stockholm hasn't seen much action, but that changed this weekend so I took my chances and went out in search for a cooperative flock.
Here's what I came home with, a beautiful male Grosbeak with snowcapped berries, a condition that only occurs maybe once every 20 years. All comments welcome and any suggestions highly appreciated!

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV | Canon 500mm f/4.0 L IS USM II | ISO 800 | 1/500s | f/5.6 | Small twig removed from the right

gail bisson
12-11-2019, 12:11 PM
A beautiful frame Ivan.
Hits all the right notes with a beautiful color palette, great environmental aspect and lovely details on the grosbeak.
BG is great with no berries or branches overlying one another.
I could see a version with 1 point of black added to the neutrals.
It is funny that you suggested the same to my image of the toucan- our monitors must be slightly different in their calibration!
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
12-11-2019, 08:34 PM
So that's where they all went! That was us last year at this time of year with all the grosbeaks eating in the fruit trees like you have here. Beautiful festive image with great colours and tasteful processing.

Krishna Prasad kotti
12-11-2019, 11:54 PM
Tones of the Image really catch my eye. This is very pleasing image.

TFS

arash_hazeghi
12-12-2019, 02:44 AM
pretty image Ivan, love the elements here, snow, berries. my only wish is that we could see the right foot a bit better. colors and sharpness spot on from my end

TFS

Bill Dix
12-12-2019, 09:30 AM
A lovely scene. Super colors and great pose. Very nicely captured.

dankearl
12-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Nice winter image, I would lower the exposure a tad...

Aditya Sridhar
12-12-2019, 07:37 PM
Agreed with all the positives mentioned above. Really sweet, pleasing image, Ivan.

John Mack
12-13-2019, 07:54 AM
Sweet image overall. Love the berries and the snow of course. The framing is right on.

Jonathan Ashton
12-13-2019, 12:26 PM
Now there's a beautiful Christmas card if ever I saw one, the plumage is absolutely superb, the squashed berry in the bill just adds that little extra, it's a peach of a shot well done!