Shutter speed: 1/250 sec
Aperture: 8
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -1
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400
Tripod Mounted

Comments and critiques are alway welcome and appreciated.

Alberto Oria
07-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Oscar I think the tamron is not helping you. Your images used to be sharper

Gus Cobos
07-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Oscar,
I'm not going to even touch the sarpness issue...:eek: Composition wise, you cut the poor lad's tail off...ouch...:eek::(:o You need to open up the aperture wider so that you can get a more blured background. The background is too busy. Also the brown hairline twig that is going across the face of your subject needs to be cloned out. I do like the head angle and the eye contact...:D
After our conversation today; You did the right thing...I'm happy for you my brother...:D:D:cool::)

Oscar Zangroniz
07-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Gus, I deliberately cut the tail since it was to big to fit in the frame. I remember Fabs telling un in one of the classes that this was ok to do. I felt I did the right thing to in returning it.

Oscar,
I'm not going to even touch the sarpness issue...:eek: Composition wise, you cut the poor lad's tail off...ouch...:eek::(:o You need to open up the aperture wider so that you can get a more blured background. The background is too busy. Also the brown hairline twig that is going across the face of your subject needs to be cloned out. I do like the head angle and the eye contact...:D
After our conversation today; You did the right thing...I'm happy for you my brother...:D:D:cool::)

Alberto Oria
07-02-2008, 07:35 PM
By the guys are we going to go shooting fireworks on Friday?

Lance Peters
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi Oscar - nice lizard - I m sure you wil get another go at him :)

Alfred Forns
07-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi Oscar Sharpness wise I hope you are not judging by this image Again the shutter speed is sort of low and could be causing some blur by movement. If you go over next saturday will love to check it out !!!!

I like the pose and crop Good subject for full sun !!

Harold Davis
07-03-2008, 12:21 PM
i'm going to go in a totally different direction than everyone else. seems everyone is on a witch hunt for that lens!! i'm going to say that it looks like the eye was not the focal point. it looks like the area under his chin was the focal point because it is a ton sharper than the face. just my .02!! and i dont mind the compo either.

and did someone mention shooting fireworks tomorrow night?!!!!

Julie Kenward
07-03-2008, 01:50 PM
I agree with Harold. I think you just missed the focus. I cut some off the left side since you chose to cut his tail off on the right - I think it helps alleviate some of the distracting BG (background) and balances the focus out on that beautifully ugly Iguana. I also sharpened the head and eye a bit in PS.