PDA

View Full Version : Red Grouse

Tim Munsey
11-12-2019, 03:00 AM

The grasses, bilberries, heather all make for a pretty environment on the moors.

D850, 500mm F/4E + 1.4TC, 1/500th at F/7.1, ISO 1000, handheld.

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-12-2019, 09:31 AM
I like the image. Foreground stuff a little distracting.

I would clone out the twig on the left of bird.

I like your other Grouse image than this one.

TFS

Ivan Sjogren
11-12-2019, 10:09 AM
I really, really like this one!

Very creative, very well composed and interesting to look at. I thik you worked especially well to create balance by including the dry branches to the right, the fact the bird is raised on a small mount and that you went for a panorama crop like this. I don't find the foreground distracting and would say that it gives depth. Also a good exposure, nice details and good pose from the bird. I find the thin twig behind the neck and back of the bird a bit distracting and would remove it if you are okay with cloning. TFS

Dorian Anderson
11-13-2019, 11:35 AM
This is such a beautiful balance of subject and habitat! The foliage is really pretty and I like the elongated crop to show more of it. The one twig behind his head could go, but otherwise a pretty perfect frame for me!

John Mack
11-13-2019, 05:47 PM
This show off the environment very nicely. The crop works very well. The placement of the bird in the frame is right on.

Daniel Cadieux
11-15-2019, 12:29 PM
Sweet habitat image. I could go for a sliver more above, but the pano-ish crop works. I love the overcast light. Yes, that twig touching the neck should go, and for web posting I would not sharpen the grasses. Very good overall!