PDA

View Full Version : Fallow Deer at Rest

Tim Munsey
11-01-2019, 02:46 AM

Autumn is wonderful.

D850, 500mm F/4E, 1/320 atF/4, iso 1100 handheld.

Arthur Morris
11-01-2019, 10:32 AM
There goes that selective focus again. A real beauty. Surreally beautiful, in fact.

with love, artie

Arthur Morris
11-01-2019, 10:33 AM
ps: in retrospect, you might consider getting rid of the bit of vegetation on the left frame-edge about halfway up; it pulls the viewer's eye. Or even a small crop from the left to do the same thing ...

a

Tim Munsey
11-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Thanks Artie well spotted, there's a tiny bit by his ear to.

Gabriela Plesea
11-01-2019, 02:38 PM
Autumn is indeed wonderful:S3:

What I like most here is the atmosphere, the dreamy feel of the image - very well captured, Tim.

DoF is spot on with subject well separated from the BG, lovely pose too.

Just curious, have you considered removing the blue cast on the subject's chest to some extent, or do you feel it adds to the mood of the frame?

Looking forward to more, thank you for sharing,

Kind regards,

Tim Munsey
11-02-2019, 01:58 AM
Autumn is indeed wonderful:S3:

Just curious, have you considered removing the blue cast on the subject's chest to some extent, or do you feel it adds to the mood of the frame?

Kind regards,

Does look a little blue, perhaps that helps it pop, I will experiment and see how it looks, thanks for the heads up.

Tim

John Mack
11-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Looks great. Love those antlers. The framing is right on.

Gabriela Plesea
11-03-2019, 06:53 AM
Does look a little blue, perhaps that helps it pop, I will experiment and see how it looks, thanks for the heads up.

Tim

Thank you for taking the time to reply, Tim:S3:

Took the liberty to borrow your image and play a bit, hope you do not mind - does it work for you without the blue, or you think it loses its 'charm', so to speak?

By the way file (IQ) looks really good in PSCC, is it FF or you cropped some? Nice textures and detail and those autumn colours are so lovely. The D850 is such an awesome camera, every time you post something I tell myself I must use it more:tinysmile_shy_t:

Kind regards,

Steve Kaluski
11-04-2019, 06:54 AM
Nice colour and detail here Tim, but the blue in the chest fur has to go, the RP from Gabriela is where it needs to go IMHO.

TFS
Steve

Tim Munsey
11-04-2019, 08:42 AM
Ok yep the blue has to go, it is full frame and after making the adjustments I'm getting an A1 print done.
Thanks Gabriela and Steve.