PDA

View Full Version : White Bellied Sea Eagle

Ian McLachlan
10-30-2019, 01:28 AM
Taken off Kangaroo Island last year off the coast of South Aust. with David Salem. Almost wish there was no fish visible as I like the long droop of the wing this girl is showing when about to turn. Baited from a boat as otherwise they would never come near us but they are used to occasional fishermen throwing stuff overboard .They don't seem to care how close you come [ as long as you are below. them. Virtually their only enemy is the Wedge Tailed Eagle which is slightly bigger. They kill each other's young given half a chance.

D5
500 F4vr fl
at f5.6
1/4000th
hh
about 9.15am

C.and c. very welcome

Aditya Sridhar
10-30-2019, 02:14 AM
Very nice capture Ian. I love the trail of water droplets behind the bird. Sharpness is great. IMO the image is too cool and I'd warm up the WB. More room around the bird would be nice as it feels a bit too cramped, especially at the bottom. The light's quite harsh too and I can see a few blown highlights on the face and neck regions. Personally, I like the amount of detail in the waves. I think they show a real sense of place. Must've been a great sighting!

Colin Driscoll
10-30-2019, 02:39 AM
Great pose and details Ian. There is a blue cast that would be easy enough to take out using H&S sliders.

Randy Stout
10-30-2019, 05:36 AM
Ian:

Good pose, angle in frame, waves. Yes, to the blue cast, the 1st thing I thought when I opened the image. A sliver more room as mentioned would be a good option.

Cheers

Randy

gail bisson
10-30-2019, 01:10 PM
Great bird and I too, like that far outstretched wing.
I immediately noticed the blue cast and would address that.
I think some highlight and shadow recovery would really improve the image.
Do you have a bit more room below?
A very nice image that just needs some PP love,
Gail

Arthur Morris
10-30-2019, 02:27 PM
You did pretty darned well considering the harsh sunlight ...

with love, a

Dorian Anderson
10-30-2019, 11:23 PM
Incredible bird with good action, but the harsh light is really tough for me. The frame also seems really blue. It would have been nice to see more of that front wing as well.

John Mack
10-31-2019, 04:32 PM
You handled the harsh light very well. The image is quite blue. The fish is a plus.