PDA

View Full Version : Day Lily

Paul Merritt
07-02-2008, 12:36 PM
One of my favorite flowers and these are from my yard.

Av Mode ISO 100 f/11 1/200 sec w/400mm
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h33/Airedale1/day4.jpg

Bill Whitney
07-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Paul.....wonderful day lily image. Love the addition of the water droplets.I might be tempted to make the slightly OOF green line at the top disappear.

Paul Merritt
07-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks Bill I agree with the green line.

Robert O'Toole
07-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Nice but, the green line isnt a killer for me as much as the harsh light. A sheet, a pillow case, a diffuser, a cloud anything but anything other than bright full sun. There is much too much contrast. Other than a diffuser fill flash would have helped to open up all the dark shadows.

Robert

Ed Vatza
07-03-2008, 05:54 AM
I love day lilies and think you've captured this one well. The colors are bright and the image is sharp. I agree with the comment regarding the green line. The lighting is a bit harsh but it didn't bother me terribly. Overall, a nice image.

Roman Kurywczak
07-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi Paul,
Definitely with Robert on this one. The harsh light has brought many BG elements and shdows into play. Diffused light tends to minimize them.........with the light you chose the busy BG really starts to come into play too much. Since they are yours.........moving around or getting some of the others flowers and stems away with a clothespin or similar will greatly put our focus on the intended lilly.