PDA

View Full Version : Blue-gray gnatcatcher

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-27-2019, 01:50 PM
I made this image in Utah Lake. This is my first ever decent song bird image.

Camera Settings:-
===============
Nikon D850 600 f/4 + 1.4 x TCIII
1/3200 sec; f/5.6; ISO 1600
Manual; Matrix metering

Post Processing:-
===============
Raw Processing using C1P
Cropped in from Top right
Nik 30-30 Filter on Bird at reduced opacity
Tonal Adjustments in Viveza
Neat Image NR
Sharpening for Presentation
Dodge selectively
No Cloning.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

Bill Dix
10-27-2019, 02:22 PM
The Gnatcatcher looks very nice. The composition would have worked for me if the branches and catkins had been in focus, but I find them a bit distracting with that much of it OOF.

David Roach
10-27-2019, 02:36 PM
Well, you started with one of the hardest to get. You really nailed this beauty, both focus and EXP. I love the entire canvas. If anything, might lose the one downward branch in the lower right corner. Love that you included the branching point of the two main ones though. TFS

kevin Hice
10-27-2019, 03:02 PM
Great capture Krishna. I have been trying for a couple years always moving and in dense cover. Nice to see this in the open.They are really beautiful with spring colors more blue. Ha and exposure look good. Wish the tail didn't intersect the branch.Love the background. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
10-27-2019, 03:13 PM
I like it very natural looking. I think I would crop the RHS to where the first catkin is.

Daniel Cadieux
10-27-2019, 04:07 PM
Unique perch, and terrific background. I want to love the comp, but it's just too unconventional to me. I'd have wanted t point the lens left, but I also understand your need to include the whole branch, so I do so where you were going here.

arash_hazeghi
10-28-2019, 02:08 AM
pretty cool image Krishna I agree re wanting the perch to be in focus

TFS

John Mack
10-28-2019, 06:29 PM
I like this not something you see everyday. The light and background are pretty sweet.