PDA

View Full Version : Oxeye Dasies

Mike Moats
07-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Out this morning shooting some flowers in a local field. Shot a bunch of images with this soft abstract feel. Gonna go back tomorrow with the Lensbaby to play.

Fuji S5, Sigma 180 macro, Tripod, F3.5

Bruce Murden
07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Hey Mike - I like the soft BG a lot, and the comp, and the wavy stems of the oxeyes, but the OOF bug on the back of the upper right daisy, well, bugs me :D, and on screen here the white isn't as brilliant as I would like, even with the soft feel. But I like the focal point. I always find trouble deciding where to place it... which petals, how much of the center of the daisy... when taking this side view of the flower. Always a little easier with one that's more open (like if the lower left daisy was to be the center of focus). Can't wait for the lensbaby views!

Kaushik Balakumar
07-02-2008, 05:50 PM
This is different from the typical sharp images from u. I liked the soft feel this image has. Nice placement of the flowers in the frame...

Bill Whitney
07-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Mike...COOL image. Love the soft green with with the daisies rising from the green. Look forward to the lensbaaby images.

John Cooper
07-02-2008, 08:30 PM
A dreamy, ethereal feel to this image Mike, but I am not a real fan of the lensbaby.

Robert O'Toole
07-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I like the BG and the comp Mike but I would dial in a little S curve for a little more pop, for me its a little too flat.

Robert

Ed Vatza
07-03-2008, 05:58 AM
I think Robert may have hit it on the head. I really like the background but both daisies look almost like part of it rather than standing out as subject against the background. Just my two cents. Looking forward to the Lensbaby images.

Steve Foss
07-03-2008, 10:00 AM
This is a fine piece of dreamy art painted with the camera. I love it just as it is. If it were my image, I'd clone out the plant stalk running through the blossom in the LLC, which would IMO complete the separation of subjects and background. Even though this comp and rendering de-emphasizes separation, my eye was getting distracted by the stalk.

Roman Kurywczak
07-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Hey Mike........split decision from me.......loved the soft feel of this.........and disagree with Ed and Robert on the more pop.....IMO will take away from the overall feel............agree with Steve on the stem removal........does draw my eye a bit....easy fix. Now if only I could figure out how to pull these shallow DOF shots off...........