PDA

View Full Version : Weary but handsome

David Roach
10-24-2019, 01:01 PM
EOS R EF400 DO I 1.4xtc II f8 1/500 ISO 800

Same morning chasing big red with eastern clouds blocking the sunrise, I spotted two male plovers in their best finery. That striking B+W looking like an avian tux. Both were having none of me getting close. So, I laid down and waited hoping they would approach. This is as close as he came(about 35% of frame in this crop). Next time...

Joseph Przybyla
10-24-2019, 02:01 PM
One of my favorite shorebirds. All looks good to me. I wonder if a little higher would have captured the near foot, just a thought. Thank you for sharing.

Bill Dix
10-24-2019, 02:52 PM
Nice look at him in his finery. Often by the time they pass through New Jersey they've lost their breeding plumage.

Paul Burdett
10-26-2019, 03:05 AM
Hi David. I like this one, although the face looks a little soft to me. The Plovers here (Masked Lapwings) are not happy if you encroach near their young...they dive bomb you!

Daniel Cadieux
10-26-2019, 06:06 AM
A good-looking individual here. Well done on the exposure. I like the soft wet beach. IQ has degraded from the big crop though, and I can see some colour noise on the plover - did you need to lift the blacks in post?

David Roach
10-26-2019, 11:23 AM
Thanks to all for the valued critiques and comments. Yes, Daniel, this handsome fella was too far and this is a large crop. I'm hoping next time for a less wary subject. I did lighten the shadows by one point in DPP.

A good-looking individual here. Well done on the exposure. I like the soft wet beach. IQ has degraded from the big crop though, and I can see some colour noise on the plover - did you need to lift the blacks in post?