PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Hyena Cub

Gabriela Plesea
10-23-2019, 12:08 PM
Hello Everyone,

Hope you don't get bored with my Spotted Hyena images, tonight I was going through some recent files and found a cute one I'd like to share. You have already seen this character in one of my previous posts so here he is again, a little closer and with a naughty look on his face.

Image was captured in the Kruger National Park in September this year, at about 8 am and in slightly overcast conditions. This little one was crossing the road to get closer to one of his 'aunties' who was lying comfortably under a large bush. He was quite anxious at first, his head bobbing up and down as he was checking his surroundings, this made it a bit difficult to focus on him.

Did not take too many frames because of the shutter being so noisy... Spotty was all eyes and ears while the adults were completely relaxed, some did not even glance in our direction.

Nikon D5
Nikon 500F4
ISO 3200
F7.1
1/2500s

Processed in LR and PSCC, a slight crop from the sides and bottom.

Many thanks for viewing as well for your kind comments and suggestions on my previous images, I appreciate it.

Warmest regards,

John Mack
10-23-2019, 04:09 PM
Nice view of this little one. Neat how you can see in the ear like that. Details look very nice and i like the pose. Framing looks good as well. That little patch of green in front is a nice touch as well.

Steve Kaluski
10-24-2019, 01:47 AM
Will only echo Johns thoughts here Gabriela, very nice and I like the inclusion of the small green plant. :cheers: I know time has been precious recently, but great to see you posting images now and not just you kind words. may be a tad below????

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
10-24-2019, 08:44 AM
Gabriela how cute can these little guys get? Just love it, everything, nothing to add, only a request for more!

Gabriela Plesea
10-24-2019, 11:33 AM
Thank you so much John, Steve, and Jon:S3:

Indeed, adorable little rascal and I so wanted to open the car door and grab him and take him home! But then I looked at his mother and aunties and realised what a big mistake that would be, LOL

Steve? Did you mean a tad more, or a tad less below? :tinysmile_shy_t: I will try post more often, time has been scarce indeed but as you know I am also quite picky about what I choose to share. Never happy with my work:2eyes2:

Jon - I have more on this cub, but in some frames he is not so 'decent', LOL. Or shall I call him 'fruity' :bg3:

Steve Kaluski
10-24-2019, 12:02 PM
Did you mean a tad more, or a tad less below?

Below. :S3:

I am also quite picky about what I choose to share. Never happy with my work

You SHOULD post more, everyone enjoys your postings across the board and your images need MORE exposure. :wave:

Gabriela Plesea
10-24-2019, 12:13 PM
Thank you Steve:tinysmile_shy_t:

And yes, below... But must I take some off, or you want more? :bg3:

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Hi Gabriela, a cute little Hyena indeed. Love the sniffing pose and that lovely eye. Beautifully processed with good detail. Colours and techs both look great.

Arthur Morris
10-25-2019, 01:27 PM
Ditto all of the positives above. It looks like an aardvark!

with love, artie

Gabriela Plesea
10-27-2019, 03:32 PM
Thank you so much for your kind comments dear Sanjeev and Artie - much appreciated :S3:

And yes it does look like an Aardvark :bg3:

Mike Poole
10-28-2019, 10:47 AM
Beautiful subject and you've shown him off superbly. Great head position with him looking like his interest has been piqued by something. The only little nit I have is I'm not too keen on the front left paw position, the angle looks like it is a stump rather than a full paw.

Mike

Gabriela Plesea
10-28-2019, 01:25 PM
Thank you very much Mike, appreciated:S3:

I agree with you about the paw. I do have other images of this little rascal with all paws fully visible but chose to share this one because of the expression on its face. I will definitely post some more :w3

Kind regards,

Tim Munsey
10-29-2019, 09:31 AM
A young one, wise to keep its head down. Well captured