PDA

View Full Version : Oystercatcher On the Move

Blake Shadle
07-02-2008, 08:58 AM
This image was created a few weeks back while out on Three Rooker Bar with my dad and Philip Pietri. This is actually one of my favorite images in the series. The light isn't amazing, but I really like the eye contact and the vertical lines of the grass background float my boat ;)

Shooting Solution
Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: Sigma 500mm f/4.5, manually focused
Manual Exposure, 1/2000 @ f/5.6, ISO 400
Lens mounted to "Shadle Slider"

Comments welcome and very much appreciated :)

Thanks for looking!

Axel Hildebrandt
07-02-2008, 09:23 AM
I like it, great details, angle and eye contact but the BG puts it over the top for me. I might raise the color temperature a few degrees.

Sharna Lee
07-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I agree with Axel. The bg does put this over the top.
The lighting is not that bad here. The bird is nice and sharp and the eye contact is great.
Love the colors here. Thanks for sharing.

Sharna

carole wiley
07-02-2008, 01:31 PM
I really like this image. Of course, I like oc's in particular. I wish that rear foot was a bit higher, not that it would make a difference to the photo.

Arthur Morris
07-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Love the grasses esp. the yellow piece that frames the bird from behind. You might try a tad darker on the middle tones. All in all I like this one a lot. Did I mention that the low perspective rocks?

Maxis Gamez
07-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi Blake,

Love the low angle and BG. I have to agree with Artie as the legs staring to look a little hot.

Keep up the good work man!

Steve Wheeler
07-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Would agree with above... Vertical grass in BG is very nice... I've never seen one of these birds so I don't know if the leg color is accurate or not, but it does look a bit washed out on this end.

Nicely done though Blake... As always.

Steve

Raymond Barlow
07-03-2008, 08:30 AM
nice image Blake, a very tough image to balance with the varied tones, and this looks great.

Harold Davis
07-03-2008, 02:47 PM
sweet pose and awesome bg! great looking bird. well done, bdizzle!!