PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Egret

Joseph Przybyla
10-13-2019, 01:39 PM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, image captured at 400mm
1/2000 F/8 Matrix Metering EV -2/3 ISO 160 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Circle B Bar Reserve in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide available on the Birds As Art Online Store.

kevin Hice
10-13-2019, 06:41 PM
This is nice Joe,really a beautiful capture. May just be a tad soft on the front of the head and bill.Great head angle.Love the contrast of the whites with the blue water and I love the circles much better than just smooth water. TFS

William Dickson
10-14-2019, 12:56 PM
Well captured Joe...The whites look real good against the blue coloured BG. Pretty nice flight pose with a good HA.

Will

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-14-2019, 09:29 PM
I like the white against Blue background. I think you can push the whites.

I took the image in Photoshop, Added curves layer with changed the blend mode as Luminosity. Added Lights 2 Mask (Luminosity Masks) and it looked much better to me.

I might visit florida again next year and will purchase your guide once I finalize the trip.

TFS

Joseph Przybyla
10-15-2019, 09:08 AM
I like the white against Blue background. I think you can push the whites.

I took the image in Photoshop, Added curves layer with changed the blend mode as Luminosity. Added Lights 2 Mask (Luminosity Masks) and it looked much better to me.

I might visit florida again next year and will purchase your guide once I finalize the trip.

TFS

Hi Krishna, thank you for viewing and commenting. I probably could have pushed the whites but the early morning light is much different than later in the day. The whites are softer with the diminished light. I did raise the exposure so that the brightest white on the hump of the back was at 240. Let me know if you come to Florida, maybe we can hook up.