PDA

View Full Version : Narrows

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-09-2019, 11:31 PM
I made this image in Narrow, Zion National Park.
This was taken when I was returning during my 10 mile Narrow Hiking Trip. I am pretty happy that I completed my hike and was able to take an image in the process.

Camera Settings:-
===============
Nikon D850, Nikon 20mm f/3.5
1.6 sec; f/11; ISO 160
Manual; Matrix metering
Manual Focusing

Post Processing:-
===============
Raw Processing using C1P
No Crop
Neat Image NR
Tonal Adjustments in Viveza
Sharpening for Presentation
Burn and Dodge selectively
Cloned small highlight on the top left corner

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

Don Railton
10-10-2019, 08:02 AM
This is a Pretty stunning image Krishna...well done!! I find myself looking at the balance between FG water and cliff walls, wondering if too much water but not sure, and I also might have traded a little of the LHS for a little more on RHS.. but as I said, it's wonderful just as it is..my ponderings are just looking on how one might improve it, not so much that it would improve it..

Don

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-13-2019, 11:40 PM
This is a Pretty stunning image Krishna...well done!! I find myself looking at the balance between FG water and cliff walls, wondering if too much water but not sure, and I also might have traded a little of the LHS for a little more on RHS.. but as I said, it's wonderful just as it is..my ponderings are just looking on how one might improve it, not so much that it would improve it..

Don

Thank you for the comments. I took couple of versions of this shot where I have more on the right, left, changing position to get more of curve for water etc. After looking all the image from the trip, I chose to process this as I saw this as most balanced composition.

John Mack
10-20-2019, 05:46 AM
The water leads you nicely into the frame. Like the vertical framing. The texture of the rocks and smoothness of the water works very well.

Andrew McLachlan
11-26-2019, 04:12 PM
Flawless in every regard!