PDA

View Full Version : Red-necked Phalarope.

Daniel Cadieux
10-09-2019, 04:30 AM
Two beautiful individuals of this species stopped by last month for a short tenure along some exposed mudflats, contributing to a fun and successful fall migration shorebird photography season. These guys are always on the move, so I knew that if I was patient enough one of them would venture in front of the more colourful stuff, and with legs showing too rather than swimming!

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1250s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, added canvas top and left then cropped to taste, a few minor imperfections removed form the water via cloning and content aware. NR to the BG and FG.

David Roach
10-09-2019, 06:09 AM
Incredible view of this beauty... Even more incredible FG and BG... Composition spot on as well... TFS

Bill Dix
10-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Simply lovely. Gorgeous FG/BG. Great striding pose. As you suggest, they're more often seen swimming (in circles) than walking, which makes this even better. I wonder if just a touch more sharpening on the head and breast would help?

Arthur Morris
10-09-2019, 03:02 PM
You need to patent those greens ... See my post of another one of Dan's masterpieces here. (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2019/09/16/add-green-whenever-possible-dan-cadieux-canon-eos-7d-mark-ii-master/)

with love, artie

annmpacheco
10-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Sublime Dan, gorgeous. I saw my first red phalarope w Gail in Iceland this summer, what a treat. I would suggest a slight eye brightening...

John Mack
10-12-2019, 06:11 AM
Looks great. Love all that green. Framing is spot on. Killer as always.

gail bisson
10-12-2019, 01:05 PM
This is a killer good location for you.
I love, love the spray of greens behind the phalarope. Comp is perfect. IQ rocks.
Great low POV.
I would sharpen the head/eye area a bit more.
Gail