PDA

View Full Version : Bull Elk

John Mack
10-06-2019, 09:23 AM
This image was created in Benezette, Pennsylvania on 9/26/19 at 4:15PM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Canon 5D MarkIII
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
600mm
ISO 3200
f6.3
1/400sec

Steve Kaluski
10-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Hi John, these to me have so much more going for them.

I would run some more NR on the BKG, add a diagonal Graduate filter to darken the FG a fraction, may be add some Dehaze & or Clarity in the same adjustment. With the Dust tool clone out the three circular HL's/blobs, slightly distracting and on a separate layer just blow in some colour on that LH tree that has the strong has running down. Nice work.

TFS
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
10-06-2019, 01:04 PM
Beautiful Bull Elk, John! He is majestic, and massive comparing to others I have seen from you recently.

Love the pose ( especially those distended nostrils and ears pointing forward) and happy to see you have managed to include that huge rack in the frame.

I also like the flowers in the FG and trees in the BG, good advice from Steve re. NR and darkening a bit, softening the white blobs will certainly make a difference.

Wondering if you spent the week-end in the wilderness again...and curious what's next:w3 Can't wait to see more:S3:

Kind regards,