PDA

View Full Version : Bull Elk

John Mack
09-30-2019, 05:54 PM
Thisi image was created in Benezette, Pennsylvania on 9/27/19 at 9:00AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Canon 5D MarkIII
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
600mm
ISO 3200
f6.3
1/500sec

Steve Kaluski
10-01-2019, 03:03 AM
Hi John, another cracking image and one with great detail and presence.

I wasn't there John, but the image appears to have quite a strong yellow running through it, however I get the impression if shot in the morning with a slight hint of mistiness in the BKG overall it may be more cooler, bluer in it's coveralls colour palette???? I like to see a tad more below on this capture, but the detail from the DoF is spot on IMHO. Your call, but I would be tempted to even the BKG in the top left and deal with some of the white blobs to the right. Using the HSL panel you can get a bit more colour/tonal range in the image and even adding some localised Clarity on the Elk.
Getting to grips with Curves in PS will definitely help the image John, it just needs a few 'subtle' tweaks to take it up another notch or two. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
10-01-2019, 03:19 PM
I like the angle and the posture and apparently low angle. My first reaction though was too much yellow, - in the background, and probably in the subject.

Steve Kaluski
10-02-2019, 03:31 AM
John, this ws where I was going in my thinking, WDYT?

Steve

John Mack
10-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Looks good Steve.