09-30-2019, 05:01 AM
A female Superb Fairy Wren.
1DXII 600mm F/4L III 1.4x III 840mm HH
1/2000 f8 iso800
Manual exp, Pattern metering
Cropped from horizontal, NR to BG only, levels on BG, light sharpening PS2019

David Roach
09-30-2019, 11:11 AM
Beautiful perch, pose and BG for this species. Can't put my finger on why the bird looks slightly off. The reed looks more in focus and the light looks harsh. Love that tail and the pose overall. TFS

Randy Stout
09-30-2019, 12:03 PM
Colin:

Neat post, great eye contact, well scaled perch. I know you said light sharpening, but it does look over sharpened . Where was your focal point placed?

Cheers

Randy

Joseph Przybyla
09-30-2019, 12:31 PM
Hi Colin, I like the pose, love the raised tail, nice perch and background. I agree with Randy that the image appears crunchy and over-sharpened. Thank you for sharing.

William Dickson
09-30-2019, 02:25 PM
It looks well over sharpened here. I would revisit this one Colin. Great pose and perch and worth a revisit.

Will

Colin Driscoll
09-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Colin:

Neat post, great eye contact, well scaled perch. I know you said light sharpening, but it does look over sharpened . Where was your focal point placed?

Cheers

Randy

Randy, focal point was on the wing. The raw image is very sharp so clearly I have overdone it trying to make sure the web image retained that sharpness. Unfortunately I am away for a few days so won't have time to re-do but will post another view from that sequence when I get back.

John Mack
09-30-2019, 05:23 PM
Nice pose,perch and background. The bird is very crunchy looking.

Dorian Anderson
10-01-2019, 12:44 AM
Beautiful light and a great attentive pose! Exposure looks spot on well. Bird is very crunchy as noted, and I will be interested to see the rework once you return home. I wish the perch didn't
run right through the head, but there's nothing you can do about that now!

Paul Burdett
10-01-2019, 02:57 AM
Hi Colin. These beautiful birds pose so nicely for us don't they? I've taken so many shots of them. I agree that it's over sharpened, and I'd tone down the highlights, especially on the perch.