PDA

View Full Version : Turnstone (Arenaria interpres)

Jonathan Ashton
09-29-2019, 04:27 AM
Hand held
Image input equipment model :Olympus E-M1X
Lens Model : M.300mm F4.0 + MC-14
Lens focal length : 420 mm
Focal length in 35 mm film : 841.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Photographic Sensitivity : 200
Exposure bias : +0.3 EV
Exposure time : 1/640 sec
F number : F5.6
Flash : OFF

ACR + PSCC

Thanks to the people who commented on my previous post.

David Roach
09-29-2019, 05:02 AM
I see you are enjoying that light weight beast of a rig. Love the light, details(especially the eye), colors, pose, perch and BG. The composition is a little too centered for me. TFS

Jack Backs
09-29-2019, 07:15 AM
Nice sharp image. Can't say that backward head angles are one of my favorites. A little more canvas needed below the feet and as noted a little to centered.

John Mack
09-29-2019, 01:21 PM
Really like the pose here. Wish the bird was more to the left and higher in the frame. The background and detail on the bird are nice.

Dorian Anderson
09-29-2019, 06:07 PM
Exposure look perfect across the subject. Details are really lovely, particularly on the feet, the most underrated part of most images (in many cases!). Would love to have more room at right and below if you have it. There is also something processing artifact around the head, a halo most evident on the forehead and nape, which needs to be corrected.

Jonathan Ashton
09-30-2019, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the comments, I agree composition not ideal but at that moment I was unable to change position without spooking the other birds. Dorian, the halo is a processing fault, I have been guilty previously (careless masking).

Steve Kaluski
09-30-2019, 05:27 AM
Hi Jon, what's the ISO?

No sure if it's the way the camera renders the BKG or you have just added too much NR/Blur to create the very 'smooth' backdrop, but if its the later I might peg back the amounts back. Also some of the background colour appears to be bleeding into the top part of the rock. Surprised you shot so tight.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
10-01-2019, 05:02 AM
Steve the ISO = "Photographic Sensitivity : 200", fuzzy bits a the base are genuine - not patching/cloning/content aware fill. You are quite right I did soften the background.