PDA

View Full Version : Sanderling At Water's Edge

Daniel Cadieux
09-23-2019, 06:41 PM
What a great shorebird season I had this fall, and it still ain't over. Here is one of the common species, but any shorebird is good in my books, especially when found in pretty settings!:S3:

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/500s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, full-frame, levels/contrast and saturation adjustment to taste.

gail bisson
09-23-2019, 08:18 PM
As always, great low POV.
I love the way the sand dips and meets the smooth water lines. I love the area on the right and the texture.
Great color palette.
At first I thought that some of the whites on the flank and chest were on the edge of being blown but the more I look at the image the more I think they are OK.
My only wish would be that the area in LLC was not so prominent and bright. Did you paint that area with a low opacity brush? If you dod not then I would suggest doing that.
A lovely frame!

Paul Burdett
09-23-2019, 10:03 PM
Really loving your low perspective shorebird images Daniel. Lovely detail on the bird with wonderful texture in the sand. Whites look great to me. TFS

arash_hazeghi
09-24-2019, 01:29 AM
you are the king of low POV's man. this one looks pretty nice too, the image does have almost a sepia feel/cast to it, which you may reduce but it's a personal preference. I like how the sand is merging into the calm water

TFS

Jack Backs
09-25-2019, 06:59 PM
Lovely image. It has a nice ethereal quality to it.

Krishna Prasad kotti
09-25-2019, 08:29 PM
Nice feel to the image. Low Point of view is nice. I like the water droplet.

TFS

Jonathan Ashton
09-27-2019, 05:29 AM
I really like this Dan, lovely sand and puddle. The off centre composition works to good effect. I could also see this as a fine art monochrome - pretty spectacular I would guess!

John Mack
09-29-2019, 01:37 PM
Low angle is spot on. Nice how the bird is just in the water. The background color is great as well.