PDA

View Full Version : Preening Killdeer

gail bisson
09-23-2019, 12:31 PM
Same killdeer as previous post, different pose.
I cropped this tighter to eliminate dandelion and leaf LLC. Si this is ~ 50% FF so a big crop but the IQ has held up for web presentation.
Cloned out an extra catchlight.
Canon 1 DX 600mm v3 1.4 x v3
ISO 800 SS 1/3200 F 7.1
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

Jim Crosswell
09-23-2019, 12:35 PM
I like the pose, IQ, feather details, composition and BG colour. Very nice image Gail.

Bob Smith
09-23-2019, 01:16 PM
I'm verynfond of the lovely golden brown colouring of these birds Gail and the BG you have here is a perfect presentation for that. The head angle is just right for an over the shoulder pose as well.

Bill Dix
09-23-2019, 02:06 PM
Lovely. I like this better than the first one, for the reasons noted. Beautiful light and pose.

John Mack
09-23-2019, 04:07 PM
Nice view of the head on this one. Light sure is nice. Detail looks pretty good and the image quality held up well.

Daniel Cadieux
09-23-2019, 06:15 PM
I like those tail feathers having stayed risen after being pulled up. Good warm light. Sharp overall, and the rocky floor is interesting. Those dandelions multiply everywhere eh!!

Paul Burdett
09-23-2019, 10:09 PM
Hi Gail. A beautiful shot! Love the colours and details on the bird, as well as the stones and flora at the bottom.

arash_hazeghi
09-24-2019, 01:49 AM
I like the look back and the light, I wish we could see the feet and the dead oof leaves behind the killdeer on the left are mildly distracting. it is tough to isolate these tiny birds on anything other than sand

BTW 50% crop of the 1DX is about a 10 mega pixel file, you should not expect and see any IQ loss at 1920 pixels posting dimension.

TFS

David Salem
09-26-2019, 11:34 AM
Thats my favorite preening pose. Clicked as they are preening their tail and they stop for a millisecond to look up. I even usually have my center focus point aimed at the the spot where the head would be before it raises it, if that makes sense. Same pose I have of a Kestrel on my wall that you saw.
The light, colors and details all look great but if the same BG/FG where on the left as on the right it would be a bit better. Well done Gail

Jonathan Ashton
09-27-2019, 05:35 AM
I like the shot, the pose is appealing, I get the impression it is a little on the yellow side, I suspect the time of day introduced this, maybe a slight white balance adjustment and maybe lift the darks a tad?